Me With No You by Bowling For Soup

Ashtons pov

I roll over, hugging my pillow to my head. Cant i just stay in bed a few more hours or is that too much to ask?

"Ashton.. are you awake?" I hear a deep voice ask and i shake my head.

"No." I grumble.

"I wanna talk to you." I recognize the voice as Luke. What does he want at this time?

"I want to sleep but apparently we don't all get what we want." I say without thinking then mentally kick myself.

It must be important for Luke to come wake me up, he would never do this. I sit up and stretch my arms to my side before i lay back down on my back.

"Go ahead." I say, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Well.. uh, i kinda think you should ask out Ryan." Luke says as he sits down on the end of the bed. "Everyone knows about you guys. Its no secret." He shrugs. "Just make it official."

"Well... I have been thinking." I smile sleepily and close my eyes.

I've been calling her my girlfriend to those close to me who ask, but maybe I should ask her. Yeah.

"So.. Is that a yeah?" Luke smiles, perking up and then laying down on top of me, his head on my chest and holding me into a tight hug.

"What's this for?" I chuckle. "You stink, go have a shower."

"Rashton!" Luke shouts as he lifts himself off me and runs into the washroom. "I even know what you can say!"

I just chuckle and roll back over, smooshing my face into the pillow.

-

-

-

"That's funny." She says, laughing.

Lately, between Ryan and I, its become a normal thing to have breakfast together in the morning. Its kinda how I start off my day. It means quite a but to me. Weird, but its true.

She's the reason I start off the day okay. I don't spend my day grumpy as much as before, I think I'm completely head over heels for this girl.

Just do it, Ashton. Grow a pair.

"Ryan?" I smile, watching her take a bite of her apple.

She's got such nice teeth. Her smile is great. She isn't even dolled up and she's comfortable around me.

"What?" She says then smiles apologetically. "Sorry, I mean, yeah?"

Cmon Ashton, the worst she can do is say no.

Or she could laugh in your face, spitting apple chunks all over the place and call you a dickwad.

"I.. Uh.." I take a big sip of my coffee and just smile. Play it calm. "I've been meaning to ask you something.." I let my voice kinda trail unintentionally.

A small smile spreads across her face and I feel my heart squeeze. Even her eyes are smiling. I don't care what those eyes have seen, all they're seeing is me in this moment.

"Go ahead." She smiles and sets the apple core on the table.

"Will you be my partner in crime?" I ask and she laughs quietly and then nods.

"Of course." She smiles and then I feel her pull away, her eyebrows furrowing.

"What?" I look around me, as thought she's giving that look to someone else behind me.

"Oh." She waves it off. "Never mind." She chuckles and leans forward, kissing me softly on the lips.

We've kissed, and done other things, before but this one feels different. Nor only did she make the first move but.. Everything seems to be different. Anything I've said or done before, its behind us and its as thought none of it matters. Especially not to her.

"I take it your gonna tweet the world now." She says, standing up and fixing her shirt. She grabs her apple core and punches my arm lightly.

"I thought I'd wait till you left, but I can do it now if you'd like." I say as I reach into my sweater pocket for my phone.

I hear her laugh as she walks away and I can't help but giggle a little under my breath.

***

"So, you guys are dating?" Michael asks, a confused look on his face.

"Yup." Ryan says, very snappish.

I wonder why she's upset, I can't help but be smiley all day. Make note to ask her.

"Why?" Michael says again.

"Why not?" Is all she says and I know she doesnt mean it hurtfully, just anyway to make Michael shut up, but I feel my heart break a tad.

I turn over to Michael, shooting a shut the fuck up look and he shrugs.

"I don't know what everyone's getting so worked up about." Calum says, trying to break the tension.

"I think they're cute.." Luke says, trying to stand up for Ryan and I.

I feel Ryan's hand on my shoulder and squeeze slightly as she brushes my hair and Michael opens his mouth.

"Of course, Ashton has to date the intern."

----

Authors note:

so you guys like??? RASHTON IS OFFICIAL NOW (:

just wanted to thank you guys for all the reads!! wow!! I never imagined this!!!

second, check out my new Luke fanfic which the prologue will be posted soon but no chapters until mid-may, thank you.
THANKS TEAM WATTPAD FOR FIXING IT ALL (: sorry for all the issues to my readers!