Chapt. 16: AJ

Things with Des are horrible right now. Her makeup line isn't as successful as she want it to be and her way of dealing with it is all types of screwed up.

"You hungry fat man?" I got my son off the floor and placed him in his high chair. He's extremely advanced for his age. My lil dude feeding himself and all.

..................

"Pour me a glass asap." I shook my head as Des loudly made her way in the door. "Hey babe !" I raised my hand and continued to clean up the kitchen. "Where my baby?" I pointed to the playpen where Dakari was knocked out.

She walked over and leaned in to kiss him. "How was work?" She threw herself on the couch and took a deep breath. "Ill tell you about it if you pour me a glass."

I stood there and calmed myself as I felt my blood boil. "Nawhh, no glass tonight." She sucked her teeth and glared at me. "Ill pour my own damn glass." I leaned against the wall and watched her check all the cabinets looking for liquor.

"I poured all that shit out." She slammed the cabinet door waking Dakari from his nap. "You poured out my liquor that i paid my money for?" I nodded my head and picked our son up to get him quiet.

"You full of shit AJ. Am I pouring out your beers?"

Me: Can you get your nephew tonight?

"You have no reason to pour out my beers Des. Am I drunk everyday? Do I drink one everyday?"

Siah: Yeahh, just hit me up.

"Dakari going with Jo and Diamond for the night. Im tired of him seeing us on this level. You need to get your shit together." I went in the room to pack our son some clothes and get his bag ready. "How you gone send MY son off without permission?"

I stood there for a minute with my eyes closed. "Your son Des?" She stumbled in the room laughing. "Baby I carried him. I pushed him out. I went 9 months with a big ass baby in me."

I shook my head and grabbed her arms. "Lets go, take your ass to bed yo. You come home drunk and looking for more to drink. The hell wrong with you girl?"

"Yooouuuu AJ. Why you here? I dont need you. My makeup line gone pick up and we gone be good. You walk around here with your head high thinking you better than me. Fuck you, fuck what you about. I don't need you."

I let Des arms go and watched her fall to the floor. "Last I check we a team ! You had me when I was down ! Now I got you and this how the fuck you act Des?! Getting drunk while Dakari here and Im at work tryna make a living for us !! Tryna make sure we straight and you two will never want for shit ! Fuck me?! Fuck you bitch! That's my son ! Dont nobody love that lil boy like I love that lil boy and you fuckin know it ! Get yo shit together!"

I grabbed my son and his bag as I noticed Des phone ringing.

AJ: Who this is?

Other line: Who the hell is this? Where my shawty yo?

AJ: Who yo shawty nigga?

Other line: Desiree, this her phone right?...... Oohhhh this must be AJ.

AJ: Let me tell you this fam... Comes get yo shawty brahh. Her and her shit will be outside waiting on you.

I threw the phone as Des started laughing. "You a bitch. You just let another nigga claim me. I'll gladly leave with her."