Chapt. 27 - Mrs. April

Its been years and I'm finally out of this place. I don't really know how though.

I've always sat and thought about the first thing id do when im released. I always said it would be to find my son. But after our last visit I don't think he wants to see me.

Thanks to Jayson, Josiah and Jasmyne knows how I treated their father. That wasn't his place to tell them that. I was going to, I just didn't know when or how.

But its okay cause I got some words for him. I just have to find him first.

Im on the bus headed to a shelter that I'm allowed to stay at for a few nights.

After everything went down just about all my family turned their backs on me. The only person I have is my old friend Pam, Josiahs God mother.

"April !! April !!"

I got off the bus and was making my way to the shelter doors until I heard someone yelling my name.

"April over here !"

I put my hand over my eyes to block the sun as I looked around then spotted Pam.

She ran over to me with open arms. I have to admit it felt good. I haven't had a hug in a long time.

"Apriillll, you look good girl !"

Pam haven't changed a bit. Still beautiful, still slim, still loud, with a face covered in make up and a head full of weave.

"How you know I'd be here?"

She did her sadity laugh that I've always hated.

"Who you think set this up?... But you wont be staying here. You'll be staying at my place until you get on your feet. Here.."

She handed me a flat white device with a big screen and button.

"Pam what's this?"

She smacked her teeth and pressed the button on the phone.

"Its an iPhone girl. I started to get you an Android to start you off slow but either way im gone have to teach you how to use it so hell why not start you off with the best."

I looked at the phone and tapped around on the screen.

"Girl you can text, call, take selfies..."

"What's a selfie?"

Pam smacked her teeth.

"Ill show you later. We have to get out this sun, Im sweating out my tracks honey."

..............................

"Damn this a nice house."

I looked around as Pam showed me to my room upstairs.

"Yaaasss girl. 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, a pool, a jacuzzi, and double car garage... I only have three rules and that's to keep it clean, keep it clean and keep it clean. Okay?"

"Why you got all this with no kids?"

"I have plenty of nieces and nephews to share it with. They come swim every now and then."

"So what about Josiah?"

Pam paused as we walked into my room. I could tell she was looking for an answer.

"April I haven't talk to Josiah since you were sentenced."

"You know they put him in foster care cause my family turn their backs on him too. He stay with his sister now."

"Jasmyne? How he find out about her?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked over the nice clothes and shoes on the bed.

"I don't know Pam but I'm gone find out real soon."

"Well... You get a shower and freshen up. I got a Zumba class in 30 minutes. Ill call you after to go shopping. The phone will tell you how to answer. Im glad you out girl."

I nodded my head as I sat on the bed and sinked into deep thought.

How did Josiah find out about his sister? Where is my son? What's his number? I know life outside of prison is going to be hard but maybe it wont be so bad. Im just glad to finally be free.