six; stale blue eyes

I bring my dirty clothes from the party down to the laundry room and turn on the wash. I hear footsteps near closer to me and look up to see my dad.

"We need you. We don't have enough people and we're leaving in five." I give him a look before shaking my head.

"Dad, I told you no more. I'm out. This isn't for me. You can't force this on me-"

"Abigail, you don't have a choice, at least not tonight. I'm telling you your family needs you. What do you say?" He reaches out and places a false comforting hand in my shoulder. "You haven't shot your bow in months."

I shake my head regretfully and know he's only saying this to make me go with him.

I close my eyes and like out a tired sigh, "Fine. I'll be at the car in five."

It's times like these when I yearn for Allison's bliss innocents.

I race up the stairs and rip open my door. Quickly pulling on my black leggings, black t-shirt and dark jacket I also lace up my ankle combat boots.

I open my drawer and dig out my glove. I slowly slide it on and the distant, but familiar leather feeling sends a chill down my back. I make my way to the garage, or the armory, as I like refer to it. I stop when I see my dad standing there, holding my signature bow.

Matte black metal holds it together and on the handle a precise A. S. A. engraved in the cold metal.

This is one of the things Allison and I have in common. Except for Al it was a hobby, while mine was slowly turned into a burden. I slowly take it from his hands before reaching over to put a small throwing knife in my boot.

I test the weight of the bow in my hands, what was once a prized and cherished item in my life now is the opposite.

"Let's go." I sigh and follow him to the black SUV. I sit in the passengers seat of a dark vehicle for the second time tonight, but under completely different circumstances.

We soon pull up to the edge of the woods and climb out of the car.

There are three other men with us. Back up, if that's what you want to call them. I tend to refer to them as annoyances, but to each her own.

We start treading through the darkly lit woods while keeping an eye out for any sudden movement. I have an arrow already loaded and ready to be shot.

I stop when I see something move to the left of the group. I narrow my eyes, trying to catch it again and sure enough a rustle of leaves follows it. I trail behind the others unnoticeably and wait for them to grow farther away. I raise my bow and pull back the string, preparing for anything.

My finger begins to slide off the trigger, but then I quickly lower it completely.

I move forward, still on high alert, keeping my eyes locked in the direction I saw the movement. A shadow stands by a tree some feet away, it's shadow breathing heavily. The gut feeling I have grown so accustomed to feeling recently, returns and my mind flashes to Scott McCall.

Multiple things start to flash through my head as I move forward at the slowest possible speed.

He knew Allison needed a pen when she had only mentioned it once from outside of the building he was in, the advanced and incredible moves and speed he had out on the field, and finally at the party, during a full moon, where he had exhibited very familiar signs and managed to disappear. 

I take a deep breathe with my bow still by my side, raised just the slightest amount. I try to move close enough to see him, but his face is to the ground.

Taking a risky chance I mutter the only name flashing through my head. "Scott," My voice is so low, a normal person wouldn't have heard me. It's proven to be the opposite when his head shoots up to face me and he backs away quickly in fear.

He stands, but before I can get a word out to try and calm him, an arrow flies past my head and into his raise arm.

He yells in pain and grabs his arm that is pinned to the tree. I turn to see my father and the other's are still too far away to actually see what is happening before them. I rid the distance between Scott and I before wrapping my hands around the arrow.

Before I can pull it out, I am thrown away from him. I grunt falling to the ground and look up to my attacker annoyed. My body freezes as I look at the stale blue eyes that were green not even an hour ago.

Derek.

He removes his gaze from me and rips to arrow out of Scott's arm before taking off with him. I breath heavy as my father steps into the moonlight not seconds later.

"What happened?" His hand reaches out for mine, but I stand on my own, ending with his falling back to his side.

I watch the direction the two ran off into, not being able to answer his question.

I have no idea what the hell just happened.