seventeen; sarcasm and health

We finally pull up the small building that is Scott's job and Stiles jumps out of the jeep. I quickly climb over the seat and land next to a barley awake Derek. I give him a quick unsure look before following Stiles.

Instead of going to get the key I jog over to the passenger side door. I pull it open and take Derek's arm and wrap it around my neck. He groans quietly as he falls out of the jeep. I use all of my strength to carry him to the building.

"Hey, um not sure if you're aware, but I'm not exactly the hulk so could you maybe help here?!" Stiles jerks up and rushes over to help with Derek who seems to be hundreds of pounds of what I'm guessing is muscle.

I sigh when we finally get inside the room and Derek leans himself onto the metal table in the middle of the room.

I shiver slightly when I realize how cold the room is. I watch as Stiles stares at Derek with an incredibly disgusted look on his face.

"Okay, so Scott just needs to bring us a bullet than all of this goes away," I say pacing slightly looking between to the two guys in the room. "Right?"

I look over and freeze when I notice Derek pulling his shirt off. I stare blankly at his extremely muscled back and I notice the 3 spiraled tattoo between his shoulder blades. The design looks familiar, but I can't seem to place it with a name.

He suddenly turns to face me and I feel my eyes widen even more when his complete six pack comes into view and I can't help but stare directly at it. Wow, remember when I guessed his heaviness was from major muscles?

I was not wrong.

Derek lays his arm against the table and I try not to look completely grossed out.

"Okay. You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of." Stiles gives him a fake smile and stares at the bloody wound.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." I stare at Derek horrified at the news.

"'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" I turn and glare lightly at Stiles.

"Says the guy with endless amounts of negative sarcasm!" He opens his mouth to defend himself, but Derek starts to loudly search in the cabinets of the room.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time, last resort." I must have finally found what he was looking for because he reaches down and grabs something.

"And that would be what exactly?" I ask nervously, you never know what terrible thing he was going to inform us on next.

"You're going to cut my arm off," His voice is airy, but his words make me want to gag. I watch as he drops the bone saw on the table and he leans against it.

Okay, growing up in the 'lifestyle' that I did, I have done and seen some gnarly stuff, but I don't think I could calmly saw off Derek's arm.

"Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?" Stiles asks looking even more disgusted than before. I nod in agreement and start to shake my head. You couldn't pay me to saw this man's arm off.

"It'll heal if it works." Derek starts to groan slightly again and I notice him become even more pale.

"Look, I don't know..there has got to be another way to save you!" I tell them stressed about the entire situation. Waiting for Scott to pop up at any second wasn't helping at all either.

"Ugh, I don't think I can do this," Stiles gags lightly at the idea and I nod along with him once again.

"Why not?" I stop my passing and stare at Derek incredulously. How can he be so calm about losing his arm?!