eight; trust and new friends

I knock on the front door of the unfamiliar house. After a few seconds it opens and I'm faced with Scott McCall. We stare at each other for a few seconds before he very slowly opens it more. I walk into the house awkwardly. "Hi," I raise my hand quickly in a pathetic excuse of a wave.

"Hey."

"Listen, okay you're like practically dating my sister and I don't want it to be weird. Because I know you're a werewolf. And you have to believe me when I tell you I was trying to help you the other night. I don't agree with what my family does and that's part of the reason Allison doesn't know. I just want to make sure you-" the words tumble out of my mouth faster than I can control. I stop when I see him smiling in front of me.

"I believe you." He laughs lightly amused by my apparent word vomit.

"Wait, you believe me?" I ask quickly smiling brightly.

He nods his head and I reach out and hug him, "Awesome!"

"Awesome?" He asks still looking amused.

"I went to Derek. To try and explain in a much better way than I did just now, but still he didn't believe me." I explain.

"Wait, you know Derek? Derek Hale?" I notice his look of confusion and nod my head.

"I met him when I moved here. Creepy, but hot." I nod my head agreeing with the truth. I pull out my phone and realize the time. "Listen, I've got to go. Put your number in her for safe keeping and oh- if you break my sisters heart I'll break your face." I smile brightly and hand him my cell phone.

I ignore the look of fear on his face as he types in his number, "I will see you Monday." I pull open the front door and head home, finally.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
I sit a across from Scott and a boy with a buzz cut. I place my tray on the table and take a bite of my sandwich. The boy with the buzz cut looks at me with wide eyes before looking to Scott.

"This is Abigail. Alison's sister," Scott raises his eyebrow to make a point. "I told you about our talk yesterday."

The boy's eyes widen even more and he quickly nods his head. "This is my best friend, Stiles." Scott tells me before eating his food.

I smile at Stiles, "Cool name." His face grows a light shade of red and it makes me smile even more.

Another tray is placed next to mine and I look over to see my sister. "You finally met them?"

I look between the two boys, "Oh yeah, finally."