fifteen; family bonding time

I jump up in bed when I hear the familiar screams of my sister. I quickly pull the blanket off my body and grab a small knife from under my mattress. I run out of my room and into the one next to it. I stop immediately and sigh relived when I see Allison hugging my aunt Kate.

Kate gives me a look and I quickly reach over and put the small knife under a pile of clothes. Allison quickly pulls away and I can't help but laugh when I see how bright her smile is. Allison always loved our aunt Kate.

"I don't see you for a year and you turn into a freaking runway model?! Abigail, you're so gorgeous! Look at that hair!" I smile slightly and give her a hug. Me and my Aunt Kate always have had some issues and differences, but she is family.

"I haven't even showered yet," Allison says bashfully hiding her face.

"Sweetie, you're a knock out. In fact, I hope you have the boys knocking each other's teeth out for your attention!"

"Actually, I kind of have one.."

I laugh again at the almost blush covering her cheeks at the mention of Scott.

"You kind of have one? Well you should kind of have a million!" I laugh with them and watch as Allison reaches over a duffle bag.

"Do you need some help unpacking?" I jump when Kate's hand grands Allison's way too roughly.

She quickly pulls away and laugh, "See, you turn out beautiful and I get this Kung Fu death grip! Sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to be so rough."

"It's alright. Hey, is everything alright with your car?" Allison asks and I give her a confused look.

"Uh yeah, I just needed a jump start is all."

"A jump start?" Allison's gives me a look and I shake my head confused even more. "We'll talk to you later, we've got to get ready for school!"

I watch as she jumps off the bed and yanks me out of the room, "Last night dad left and said Aunt Kate needed a spare tire, but now she said she needed a jump start..that's weird right?"

I feel myself start to grow extremely worried, but per usual I keep my face blank.

I laugh lightly and bump shoulders with my sister, "Oh come on, you know Kate never remember details like that. Plus, she's probably so tired she doesn't even remember what she needed!"

Allison laughs lightly and nods her head, "Yeah, you're probably right. I'll see you by the car in fifteen?" I nod and smile before taking off towards my room

After a quick shower I change into a plaid shirt and ripped black jeans. I leave my hair natural so it will curl before grabbing my bag and keys. I smile at Allison when I meet her at the top of the stairs at the same time.

I'm thankful when Kate wasn't mentioned the entire ride to school and I quickly lose my sister before class, trying to escape any questions she might find the need to ask.

➳➳➳

"Scott's coming over tonight?" Lydia asks giving Allison a not so innocent look.

"We're just studying together." Allison shrugs and I laugh lightly at her innocence.

"Just studying never ends with just studying. It's like getting into a hot tub, someone eventually cops a feel." My grin grows even more at Lydia's words. This girl can be hilarious sometimes.

"Wait, so what are you saying?" Allison asks worriedly and I shake my head.

"I just don't expect you to have a story tomorrow about how you and Scott 'just studied'." Lydia nods her head agreeing with me.

"I'm just saying...making sure he covers up. Hello, Snow White! Make sure you have a condom." I bust out in laughter when Allison's expression turns from confused to mortified in seconds.

"Are you kidding? After one date?"

"Don't be a total prude, just give him a little taste!" I shake my head and stop walking completely.

"This conversation is not one I'm ever looking forward to having with you guys, but I'm sure I'll see you later," I continue to laugh as I backtrack down the stairs. I throw a small smile at a girl from my Chem class and try to fight the crowd of teenagers to get to my locker. I'm suddenly pulled to a stop by a hand gripping my wrist. I turn quickly, ready to kick someone's ass, but the annoyance is immediately replaced with worry. I stand on the side of the crowded hallway looking at a very pale Derek Hale.

"Hey, what the hell happened to you? Are you okay?" I ask quickly looking him up and down. I notice the layer of sweat covering his face and I'm guessing something bad is going on. Unless he has some sort of dog flu.

"I got shot.." His breathing is heavy and I quickly grip his arm hoping he won't fall over.

"Okay..why aren't you healing? C'mon, we need to get out of here. The day is about to be over anyways." I start to pull him down the hall and I walk even faster when I see Stiles out of the corner of my eye. I push open the heavy metal blue door and we both walk outside into the sunlight. I turn around and gave him again, "Alright what's happening? Why aren't you healing?" I look down and my worry increases dramatically when I notice blood dripping from his hand.

"It's a special type of bullet. I need to..I need..." His voice start to grow lower and I look around quickly as kids start to flood the parking lot.

"Hey, you can't pass out, okay? You are probably like a thousand pounds and I will drop you so fast!" I'm shocked when his hand wraps around mine and he starts to walk towards the parking lot.

"What are you doing? This bullet must be making you lose your common werewolf sense!" I jump when a familiar blue jeep stops a few feet in front of us. I notice Stiles sitting in the drivers seat looking confused and slightly annoyed.

I notice Derek start to sway and before I can react his body falls onto the concrete. "Dammit," I mutter bending down and tapping the side of his cheek. I try to ignore the continuous sounds of horns honking as Scott bends down next to me.

"What are you doing here?!" Scott asks urgently as the cars start to pile up behind Stiles's jeep.

"I was shot. I can't heal, it was a different kind of bullet,"

"What? A silver bullet?!" Stiles asks and I roll my eyes slightly.

"Wait, that's what she meant when she said you have 48 hours..." Scott tells us and I start to get a twisted feeling in my stomach.

"What? Who said 48 hours?" I ask him quickly and god I hope it's not who I think it is.

"The woman who shot him." I slowly piece everything together and sigh looking down.

I watch as Derek inhales in pain and his eyes shine a bright supernatural blue.

"What are you doing? Stop it!" Scott looks around, trying to make sure no one is witnessing this.

"Oh, I'm sure he has complete control! Help me get him up!" I wrap my arms around his leather jacket covered torso and lift him up with the assistance of Scott. I quickly jog over and open the passenger door and climb in the back before helping Scott sit Derek in the front.

I lean forward between the front seats and glare slightly between Scott and Stiles, all while Derek barley stays awake.

"We need to get the hell out of here."