forty nine; flawed plans

I stand on the side of the car, opposite to Peter when suddenly my phone lets out a loud ringing from inside the Jeep. I look over at the car before my eyes race back to Peter. His stare is almost challenging, but then I meet Stiles's and I once again catch the tiniest glimpse of hope.

I sigh when it finishes ringing and silence wraps around us again. Peter's eyes fall back onto the laptop screen and so do Stiles's.

I continue to watch the Jeep a few feet away from me and let out a breath as the ringer starts up again. I feel my heart begin to race and then my feet do the same. I'm not stupid, I know there is no way I can beat Peter or somehow manage to call for help, but if I can just answer the call, it will be something. I rush over to the Jeep and tear open the door before snatching my phone off the seat. I see the word 'Dad' flash across the screen repeatedly, before I hit the green button with shaking fingers.

"Dad, it's Pe-" Before I can finish my sentence, the phone is ripped away from me and throw to the ground a few feet away.

I gasp as Peter roughly grabs my arm and pulls me towards my cracked phone, "Now, I'm not sure why you thought that was a good idea, but," He quickly stomps his boot clad foot slamming it down onto my phone, completely destroying it, "I hope you see the flaws in your little plan."

I gasp in pain as he shoves my body back and I roughly fall against the car. Stiles moves his hand from the keyboard and lays it on my arm with a concerned look. I just smile through the dull pain in my side and nod lightly.

He glares at Peter before he moves back to the laptop, "What happens after you find Derek?"

"Don't think, Stiles. Type." Peter sighs out and I can tell his patience is running thin with the both of us. Well, if he didn't think he could deal with us, maybe he shouldn't have kidnapped us.

Stiles gulps lightly with slight panic in his eyes, "You're gonna kill people, aren't you?" His body shakes slightly all over and I resist the urge to find a way to comfort him. Seeing someone I care about in distress, when there is nothing I can do, makes me feel utterly useless. Even with all my training, even if I had a weapon, I was no match for an alpha. Fighting him would be the equivalent to me signing my death certificate, and probably Stiles's too.

"Only the responsible ones." Peter says this as if it will some way reassure us. I hold back a sigh as Stiles speaks again.

His hands stop typing and I can see desperation in his eyes, "Look, if I do this, you have to promise to leave Scott out of it."

Instead of answering, Peter lets out a deep exhale, "Do you know why wolves hunt in packs? It's because their favorite prey are too large to be brought down by one wolf alone. I need Derek and Scott. I need both of them."

I scoff from the side and shake my head, "You don't care about either of them. You're just using them to get your revenge. You don't even care about your own nephew. All you care about is yourself. Well, I hate to break it to you, but even if Stiles does this, they won't help you."

Peter chuckles lightly at my words before shaking his head, "Oh, Scott will. Because it'll save Allison," He looks to Stiles with certainty, "And you will, because it will save Scott. Your best friend whom you know so well, you even have his username and password,"

Stiles sighs lightly, debating his next moves before he reluctantly starts typing in the username. Peter's face scrunches up as he watches the screen. "His username is 'Allison'? His password is also 'Allison'?"

"Still want him in your pack?" Even though his words are joking, Stiles's face holds no emotion. He turns back to the computer and I notice the confusion in his eyes. "Wait, what the-that's where they're keeping him? At his own house?" I look at him, lost by his words, before lightly pushing him out from in front of the computer to get a look myself. I let my mouth fall open slightly in shock.

Of course, how can I have been so stupid?

Peter turns to me and I try not to take the fierce anger in his eyes personally, "Not in it, under it. And I know exactly where that is," I look at him confused when he turns his head to the side as if he hears something in the distance, "And I'm not the only one."

It stays silent between the three of us before Peter rushes over and shoves everything on the trunk back into the bag it was in before. He grabs it and places it in the backseat of the grey car and turns back to me and Stiles, "Give me your keys."

Stiles looks to his stretched out hand before sighing in reluctance, while fishing the keys out of his pockets, "Careful. She grinds in second," Instead of taking the keys and leaving, Peter closes his fist around them. He then lets them dangle in his hands, showing them all bent out of shape.

Stiles reaches out slowly and takes them from Peter's hands, "So you're not gonna kill me?" Peter slowly marches back over and I grab Stiles's hand and pull him next to me. Even if I can't beat Peter, at least I can distract him while Stiles runs for it.

Peter stops walking, but his eyes remain on Stiles's, "Don't you understand yet? I'm not the bad guy here." If he's not the bad guy, then damn I am a saint.

Stiles looks at me with wide eyes before looking back to Peter, "You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs, and you're not the bad guy here?"

"I like you, Stiles. Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return," I look up from the ground and to Peter. An offering from a crazed alpha looking to build his pack, nothing good can come of that. "Do you want the bite?"

I feel my eyes widen at his words and quickly turn to Stiles. I feel my chest tighten when he doesn't immediately disagree. Instead he looks to Peter with large eyes, "What?"

Peter cocks his head to the side and speaks as if Stiles were a small child, "Do you want the bite? If it doesn't kill you-and it could-you'll become like us."

Stiles's mouth stays open and I feel my breathing becoming quicker with each second that he doesn't disagree, "Like you?"

I reach out again and grab his arm lightly, trying to gain his attention, "Stiles-"

"Yes, a werewolf. Would you like me to draw you a picture? That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl. You'd be equals. Maybe more, " He reaches down and takes Stiles's wrist into his hand and places it near his mouth, "Yes or no?"

I slowly shake my head as Stiles watches Peter and I can see the very real look of consideration in his eyes. Stiles blinks as he comes back out of his thoughts. Peter's teeth grow into fangs and I watch in horror as he grows closer to Stiles's flesh, but thankfully he rips his hand away, "I don't wanna be like you."

Peter watches Stiles with disappointed eyes, "Do you know what I heard just then? Your heart beating slightly faster over the words 'I don't want'. You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself,"

I jump as Peter reaches out and grabs my hand tightly before yanking me over. He turns my body and presses my back to his chest before walking me backwards to the passenger door of his car.

Stiles's eyes fill with panic and he moves forward, "Abby-"

Peter tuts, and not for the first time, I feel his claws fall against my throat, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Stiles. Abigail and I have somewhere we need to be and I'm afraid, you're not invited," He pulls open the passenger door and shoves me inside before walking to the driver's. I watch him look back at Stiles one last time, "Goodbye, Stiles."