forty seven; dress shopping and tears

"Oh-okay, so are you just gonna try these on right now? All of them? Is this a 24 hour Macy's?"

I feel a smile grow on my face at the familiar sound of Stiles's awkward rambling. I feel the guilt rest in my chest as I think back to the news Allison shared with me this morning. Even though I've grown incredibly close to both Stiles and Scott, and I trust them more than I would like to admit, I haven't decided whether or not I should tell them. Every time Stiles sends me a goofy grin, I feel my resolve to keep this to myself grow weaker. It feels like I am betraying their trust in a way.

I watch as Allison lifts up a pearl color dress of the rack with an unsure look on her face. I look back down to the rack below me and realize I've already gone through half of it without paying any attention to the dresses my hands skim over.

It feels like my mind is racing and the last thing I can focus on is a dress. I lift a red lace dress from the rack and feel my eyebrows pull together in false concentration. The dress itself is beautiful and the crimson color feels fitting for the heavy feeling my gut. I notice their is a cream color of the same dress on the rack and try to decide which one I can actually pull off.

I pull myself out of my thoughts and notice a pair of shoes entirely to close to me and my head quickly snaps up. I feel my body become paralyzed as I meet with a pair of blue eyes I've seen once before.

"Hello, Abigail. Nice meeting you again."

I glare at the one and only Peter Hale, as he stands far too close to me, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I turn quickly to catch the sight of Allison as she continues to browse racks unknowingly. I sigh relieved before back to Peter with an even heavier glare.

He only smirks in return before lifting the cream dress of the rack, holding it next to my still body, "I don't know how I feel about the red on you. With your frame and those collar bones you'd look amazing in the cream."

"Well, good thing I don't care about you or your shitty opinions," I rip the cream dress out of his hand before returning both dresses to the rack. "Now, if you'll excuse me."

I turn to leave, but his hand reaches out and grips my arm painfully, keeping me in my spot. I grind my teeth at the stinging sensation caused by his grip, "Get the hell off of me before I end your life in this Macy's."

He only laughs lightly, "My, you are one little firecracker aren't you?" I refuse to show my disgust as his hand loses its grip and slides down my arm slowly. "I see what my nephew likes about you."

I feel the anger fade slightly at the mention of Derek and I open my mouth to question him about it, but I jump at the sounds of Allison's voice, "Abby! Did you get a dress, yet?" I turn to see her walking over before my head snaps back to Peter, only to see the space he once occupied is now empty.

I stare at the air for a second then start nodding to Allison's question, "Yeah, I got one. I'll pay for it and meet you guys out front." She smiles and nods before walking back over to Lydia and a stressed looking Stiles. I look back to the rack in front of me before reaching out and grabbing the crimson red dress and walking over to the cashier.

➳➳➳➳