forty four; bonding or interrogation?

I try to wipe the lack of sleep and tiredness from my eyes, but as expected it doesn't work. I throw my hair into a messy ponytail before walking over to my closet to get ready. Deciding to actually not look a hobo today, I slip on my shoulderless maroon crop top and my ripped light jeans. Realizing that I will most likely freeze in this outfit, I also grab my thick black bomber jack and my ballet flats. I even take the the time to put on my gold arrow necklace my dad gave me years ago, just to compliment the outfit.

I fallback onto my bed and try to ignore the pain that irrupts from my tailbone to my shoulder blades. I stand and move towards my full length mirror before lifting my shirt and look at the still forming bruise. Thanks Peter Asshole, it means a lot. I jump at the sound of my door being closed and I quickly drop my shirt back down before anyone can see the damage.

Turning around I see Kate standing next to my now closed bedroom door. For some reason the sight of her, standing in my room alone, sends chills down my back. She raises an eyebrow before finally sending me a smile and moving to sit on my bed. She pats the empty space next to her and I forcefully smile moving over to sit next to her.

"So, I've been thinking," Her smile grows, but so does the troubling look in her eyes. "I want to start introducing Allison into our world. Now, before you start freaking out, I've already talked to your dad about it."

I raise an eyebrow at her and just slowly nod my head. I know dad would never go for that. He wants to keep Allison innocent to hunting for as long as he can.

Why is she lying to me?

"So, I think we should both start dropping some serious hints. Work together to get her to understand what we do and why we do it." She sighs and lets her palm fall against my knee reassuringly. I want to recoil from her touch, but instead I let the next words fall from my lips.

"The code?" I resist the want to smirk as her eyes suddenly lose the spark they held seconds ago. I know Kate doesn't always follow the code, I'd even say she detest it. She was too spontaneous, dad knows it too, but he's always refused to believe it.

Her hand slightly tightens on my knee as her head cocks to the side, "You're friends with Allison's ex-boy toy, Scott, aren't you? And his friend-what's his name? Stiles?"

I feel my eyes squint involuntarily as their names leave her lips and I can feel an protective aura come from me, "Why are asking?"

Her stoic expression turns slightly more alarming as her lips form a smirk, "Just curious. You do know that they know Derek Hale, right? Alleged murderer?" I feel my pulse start to race, but let my face remain emotionless. "You don't know anything about him do you?"

'She's pretty Derek, but don't you think you learned from the first time?'

Peter's voice suddenly floats through my mind and I search Kate's face, taking in every detail. Why, or even how, did she get onto this subject. I slowly shrug my shoulders carelessly and shake my head, "I've never met the guy. Didn't even know Stiles and Scott knew him."

She lets out a humorless laugh and the look of disbelief in her eyes makes my chest tighten, "Yeah, of course. What a-uh, stupid question for me to ask," She quickly stands from next to me and walks back to the door. Her hand rests on the handle, but before she leaves she looks back at me once more, "Be careful out there, Abigail. You know what real monsters hide in the dark."

I don't respond vocally, as my eyes look down at the cream colored carpet covering my floor. At the sound of the door shutting I let out a large puff of air and fall back onto my bed.

That was, by far, more stressful than any test I've ever taken. I can't help, but feel like I was just questioned by the police.