thirty three; getting out alive

I didn't know what to say. I stare at her wide eyed and don't udder a single word. I just slowly shook my head and thought over her words. After all these years of being forced to lie to her she has never once called me out. I am honestly dumb founded.

She sighs quietly before turning around and returning to the others. I watch her go and ignore the feeling of guilt piling up over the course of this night.

I notice Stiles give me a confused look, but I just shake my head and offer him a fake smile. This is my problem and I am the one who needs to find a way to solve it.

"I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us. And I can't - can't stop my hands from shaking." Allison looks down at her shaking hands as if they aren't even her own.

Jackson grabs her hands and holds them to console her as I watch awkwardly from the side lines, "It's okay. It's okay, it's gonna be okay."

Allison takes a breath and nods her head quickly, "Okay." Yet the awkward silence carries on as their hands stay connected.

I catch Lydia starring questioningly at the table covered with chemical bottles and I slowly move over to her. "What's with the look?" Her eyes snap up to mine quickly and she looks concentrated.

"Did you see what the last bottle Jackson gave me was?" I notice the quietness of her voice and realize she doesn't want him to hear her. I shake my head no before looking over the chemicals as she just did.

"Jackson, you handed me the sulfuric acid, right? It has to be sulfuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not." She questions him lightly.

Jackson's eyes fill with venom, as do his words, "I gave you exactly what you asked for tonight."

I glare at him for the unnecessary rudeness, "How about you back off?" He steps towards me and I go to follow, but I feel pressure on my arm stopping me. I look down and notice Lydia's perfectly manicured nails.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure you did." She says quietly looking him in the eyes.

I'm not sure why I am defending Lydia. I mean, in a way I feel bad for the girl. I know from her multiple slip ups that deep inside she is some type of genius and having Jackson as a boyfriend cannot be easy. I can't imagine dating such a brooding jackass.

For some reason, the words 'brooding' and 'jackass' make Derek pop into my head and I suddenly feel overwhelming guilt once again.

I look away from the group as the sight of him hanging in the air and bleeding flashes through my head again.

My body jumps stock straight at the unmistakable sound of a deep and loud growl before Jackson's yells pierce my ears. I move back as he crouches down in pain and reaches for the back of his neck. He continues to yell painfully as he holds the spot. As he moves his hands I lean over and notice three distinct marks on his neck. I feel my eyes widen and I step back away from him.

Werewolf nail marks.

As if it never happened, Jackson stands and takes a deep breathe, "No, I'm fine. Like, seriously, I'm okay." He pushes Lydia away from him as she tries to help him stand.

Allison's eyes grow confused and worried, "That didn't sound okay at all."

Stiles reaches out and peers over Jackson's shoulders, "What's on the back of your neck?"

"I said I'm fine." He responds while slapping Stiles's hand away.

I pull Stiles away by his arm and shake my head silently. I throw him a lowkey 'I'll tell you later look' and he nods agreeing.