twenty; getaway driver

"Just a friendly reminder, parent teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you because the shame and self disgust should be more than enough punishment," I listen to Mr. Harris drone on as I mess with my pencil. I decided to sit next to Stiles today and I almost bust out laughing when I see him highlighting about every sentence in his book.

"Has anyone seen Scott McCall today?" Harris stops in front of me and Stiles and we both just give him blank looks. Everyone turns to look as Jackson walks in late and takes his usual seat.

"Jackson, if you need to leave early for any reason just let me know," Mr. Harris leans over and puts a comforting hand on Jackson's back.

Apparently last night both Jackson and Lydia got a glimpse of the Alpha while at the video store. They were told it was another mountain lion of course, but our clique knows the truth.

I lean close to Stiles with wide eyes, "Woah..did Mr. Harris just...show human compassion?"

He looks just as bewildered and we both jump a little when he speaks again, "Everyone start reading Chapter 9. Oh, and my Mr. Stilinski? Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry not a coloring book."

I watch impressed as Stiles spits up the highlighter cap from his mouth and catches it in his hand. I clap quietly and he gives me a wide smile before leaning over to Danny.

"Hey Danny, can I ask you a question?"

Danny's head lifts for a split second before he shakes it, "No."

Stiles looks slightly taken back by his response, "Well I'm going to ask anyways. Was Lydia in home room today?"

Danny answers the same way as before while Stiles pesters him with more questions, "Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?"

Danny hesitates this time before giving more than a one word answer, "He wouldn't tell."

"Isn't he your best friend?" I hit Stiles on the arm and give him a 'that was incredibly rude' look. "One more question, do you find me attractive?"

I snort and cover my mouth at the question and turn away knowing there was no way Stiles wasn't going to get in trouble. He leans closer and closer to Danny waiting for an answer until he falls out of his stoop completely.

By now, it's sure my face is completely red from holding in my laugh. If you're ever having a bad day, you just have to find a Stiles.

---

"You what?! No way!" I yell into my phone while laughing. Apparently Allison and Scott decided to spend the day M.I.A for her birthday. "You have never skipped a day before. If I had known all it took was one cute boy then this would have happened years ago." I laugh again.

I hear her sigh on the other end, but I know she's smiling. "Listen I've got to go, but I'll tell you all about it later, I promise."

I say goodbye and look over to Stiles who was staring at the house in front of us with slight fear and anticipation. Although I've noticed that's kind of his normal look.

"Just go!" I shove him slightly towards the pretty large house again. "You'll be fine, okay? Go see if she's totally werewolf aware or whatever. We've got to know and I know you're worried about her."

He nods, gives me one last petrified look and then walks to the front door. I climb back inside Stiles's jeep and sit on the drivers side for a change. I've kind of always wanted a jeep...

It only felt like minutes before I see Stiles running towards the car and he climbs into the passenger side before I can even make sense of the situation. He shoves the keys into my hands while yelling, "Drive, go! Go!"

I quickly turn the jeep on and reverse out of the drive way before speeding away, "Did I just get pulled into a crime with you? Am I a getaway driver?!" I yell as Stiles stares at something in his hands.

"No, I mean I don't know ,maybe. There's a video on Lydia's phone of the Alpha. I took it and now I don't what to do!"

I looked at him with a stupefied look, "Why didn't you just delete the video?! Why would you take the phone?"

He looks up like the idea had never crossed his mind. I sigh and continue to drive, "We should tell Derek and Scott about this."

He gives me a look, "Derek? The first place your mind goes to at a time like this is Derek Hale?"

"I also said Scott! Listen, I'll drive to the preserve and go to tell Derek, assuming he's home because he never seems to be out during the day, and you go call Scott until he finally picks up."

He nods in agreement and I pick up the speed trying to get to the woods as quickly as possible. If Lydia got a video of the alpha that might mean she knows more than we thought.