twenty three; a big wolf

I  park myself at the lunch table with Allison and Lydia deciding to change it up. Spending too much time with Scott and Stiles can sort of take a toll on you.

"The what of who?" Lydia asks and I laugh slightly at the obvious fact that she's not really paying attention.

I look at the book Allison has in front of her and eye it slightly. I had no idea what the discussion was about, but Allison looked utterly and completely taken with it.

Although Lydia seemed to feel the exact opposite.

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen," I grip the plastic fork in my hand tightly as Allison starts speaking. "A quadruped wolf like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."

By the time she finishes speaking I can literally feel the sweat rolling down my forehead. What the hell was she on about?

"Boring.." Lydia sighs while looking at her nails. I was happy that she didn't seem to be looking into what Allison was talking about. Especially since her real life sighting of the big bad Alpha.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan,"

Lydia drops her hand and looks up like she was praying for Allison to give up, "Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"Slipping into a coma bored,"

I tense more and more with every word coming out of my sister's mouth.

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape shift into a man eating monster."

"Any of this have anything to do with your family?"

"What?!" I slam the fork down onto the table
Making both of the girls jump and turn to give me looks. "Why would this have anything to do with our family?"

Allison gives me one more confused look before she finishes reading a passage from her book, "This, 'It is believed that La Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent.'"

Lydia rolls her eyes dramatically as I still sit sweating nervously, "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you?" Allison turns the heavy book towards Lydia and I. I take in a deep breathe while gripping the edge of the table. The picture was clearly a wolf with the posture of a man. Or as others tend to say, a werewolf.

"Lydia? Lydia?" I turn slowly to look at the strawberry blonde next to me and notice the spaced out look on her face. I notice the small glint of terror in her eyes.

She suddenly jolts herself out of it before standing up, "It looks, like a big wolf. See you in History,"

Both me and Allison watch as she scurries off in the opposite direction. I turn and watch Allison as she turns the book back to herself and continues to read. I feel my worry increase at the idea of Allison knowing about her own families secret. How did things change so quickly?