Chapter 8 - First Job

Author's Note;
So far this story is going pretty well. I have a lot planned for this story. It should be longer than my other NaLu fanfics and, hopefully, more successful. But these are just my thoughts. I love reading your comments, they always make me smile. Weekly updates for this story along with my original story, Witch Hunt, will start in March! Anyway I'll stop talking and let you read.

~Lucy

Also, huge thanks to the readers for your support on any of my stories! His Cinderella (my most popular) has over 20k views and almost 1k votes! Thank you so so much! :D
• • •

It was Sunday. A usually slower and quieter day in the guild. Lisanna was sitting at the bar while her older sister was washing dishes. She groaned and rested her chin in the palm of her hand.

"What's wrong?" Mirajane asked.

"I took Natsu out for dinner last night," She said, "he wants to take Lucy out on a job with us."

"That's not so bad, is it?"

"No, it's not. But..." Lisanna leaned back in her chair, "There's something about her I don't like." Lisanna told her sister different possibilities.

"She was so cruel to him that day. I don't want him to get hurt. And she's the king's daughter. She could have us disbanded any time she wants."

"Lisanna,"

"I gotta go. I should pack for tomorrow." Lisanna stood from her seat, "I'll see you later."

"Uh, yeah. See yah!"

• • •

Lisanna was sitting on a bench at the train station Monday morning. She was reading the a newspaper when she noticed Lucy out of the corner of her eye. Half her hair was tied to the side by a pink ribbon. She was wearing a white tank top and a pink skirt. She had a small, pink, patched up suitcase by her side. Lucy noticed the white haired Mage and waved.

"You're Lisanna. Right?" She asked.

"Yes,"

"Awesome! Oh I haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Lucy." The blond smiled.

"It's nice to meet you." Lisanna smiled. It was fake, and both of them knew it. Lucy sat next to Lisanna and pulled out a small yellow covered book titled, the perks of being a wallflower.

Wow, Lisanna thought, that's kinda rude. She acted like she didn't care or noticed and started reading the newspaper again until Natsu appeared with a sickly expression and a happy Happy.