Chapter 29 - Arrest The Guild

The gun shot had awaken the royal army. The soldiers quickly jumped out of their cots and ran to the scene, buttoning coats and tying shoes along the way. The gun man quickly ran off and blended in with the darkness.

Erza ran after the man as the soldiers arrived to the king. He laid on his back, arms sprawled out in front of him. The soldiers turned to each other.

"Arrest the Fairy Tail guild!" One shouted. The others quickly agreed and ran towards the guild members. Magic and weapons ready in hand. The thunderous sound of heavy boots stampeding along the soil was enough for the Fairy Tail mages to know to prepare for a fight.

They ran away from their position from the brick wall towards the distressed soldiers. The two groups collided in a cry of determination and pain. Some were quickly hurt by an enemy, being stabbed or hit with some form of magic. Some couldn't tell if which they were hit with. Others didn't know they had been seriously injured.

Two soldiers watched from the sidelines as they held a weak blonde. Or one of them held her. Lester hadn't been fazed by the scene in front of him, however, it was quite the opposite for Daniel. He had caught a glimpse of the rebel and noticed a white scarf and pink hair. His brain immediately went to The Salamander, also known as Natsu Dragneel.

"The fucking guild." Daniel growled. Lucy was propped up on his back, barely conscious. The throbbing pain in her head tended to wake her up every now and then. She wouldn't open her eyes, the slightest bit of light would increase the pain tenfold. "That boy will have his body hung by the end of July."

"It could've been one of the rebels, too. They hate the king more than anyone."

"Yes, but they don't have the courage to run into a battlefield and shoot the king." Daniel argue. He was leaning forward, trying to weaken the weight on his back. Lucy's arms were slung over his shoulders and legs wrapped around his waist. "The only people who would think to kill the king would be the strongest members of Fairy Tail, meaning that Natsu murdered his majesty."

Natsu?!

"I hate to agree with you, but it must've been him. That scarf is a clear indication that the dragon slayer has done this." Lester said. He took another swig of his alcohol and turned to the battle. He held his arms out to Daniel. "I'll take her, go fight with the others." Daniel nodded and gave him Lucy's body. He ran to battle as Lester continued the walk to headquarters.

Natsu killed your father. He's dead. Natsu has always been a monster. Never trust a monster. These words replayed in her head, causing tears to fall down her cheeks. Lester comforted her as a loud roar was heard on the battle field. She knew it was him.

As the words continued in her head, she wanted to believe they weren't true. She wanted to run to him, ask him the truth, and be in his arms until the fear and sadness had left her. But she couldn't. No one would let her, not even herself.

She loved him, but her future wouldn't let her do so.

• • •

Natsu was caught up with a group of soldiers. They had clearly gotten a new rush of energy and were stronger than before. One was trying to put enchanted handcuffs on his wrists and two others were trying to help. It didn't matter who was who, they still got kicked in the balls.

It was around this time he noticed Lucy. He didn't see her or hear her. He smelt her. Among the smell of sweat and blood that had filled his nostrils, he could still pick her out of the crowd. She was riding the back of an army soldier who was shouting at an older man. The man looked annoyed with the boy, for reasons Natsu didn't quite understand.

"Lucy!" He shouted. But everything he had done in that moment had been a mistake. He shouldn't have looked for her, he shouldn't have cared. In the moment of distraction, he was handcuffed. His magic was useless. He thrashed against the hold of the soldiers and watched Lucy be taken out of sight.

He let out a loud roar as fellow mages were also cuffed and shoved towards military vehicles. Gajeel was cuffed and pushed up next to Natsu.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU COSTED US FIRE MOUTH!!" Gajeel shouted. "WE LOST!! Now, we're heading to prison!" He was right, Natsu knew, even when he argued it wasn't his fault. His care for the damsel in distress had cost him his freedom. At that moment, he didn't care if he was sent to prison. He wanted to see Lucy's face and hear her voice. He wanted to know that she was safe. His heart ached just wanting this.

He loved her, but his future wouldn't let him.

Their love would be put on hold, until things had changed. It would take longer than either would hope. But the time would only make them stronger. The guild was arrested and preparations were made for Lucy's coronation.

• • •

Author's Note;

I'm back binches! (It's a camp thing, sorry) I really wanted to update as soon as I could finish this chapter so, yes, I know it's short.

I finished my two weeks at Waldsee, a German emersion camp, on Saturday the 16 but things happened and I didn't really start writing until an hour ago (laughs uncomfortably). Apparently people are dying over Pokemon Go! and there have been like five shootings while I was away. Wow. C'mon people. Shame on humanity. For the shootings mostly but slightly for the app obsession.

Anyway . . . I have two stories coming out soon now!! You all know about The Dragneel Affair. But I also started writing a story called Fire In The Twilight. It's a story about Natsu and Lucy's relationship after highschool and it takes place during the 1990's! So that's exciting.

Until I write again,

~Lucy (lucythegirl)