Chapter 31 - The Mages' Plan

[ 1 Year Later]

Lucy was sitting in the palace garden, a friend seated by her side, and holding a young child. The friend was a young red headed woman, another duchess. Amber Sato was the duchess of Toulouse, a northern area of Fiore.

"There really isn't anyone in your life?" Amber asked, bouncing the child on her leg. Amber was not considered beautiful, but she was still fairly attractive. Her dark red locks were curled and fell down her shoulder exposing her pale skin which was covering in light freckles.

"Nope, no one." Lucy replied. She watched the child giggle and drool on to Amber's hand. Everyone was surprised when the queen found out she was pregnant after the coronation. Many hoped it was Adrian, another royal. Lucy was not part of that, she despised him and prayed for the entire nine months it wasn't.

She didn't know who the father was even when the child was born. For he had her golden locks. The prince was quiet when he was born, he was born sick and with a weak immune system. She could hold him until a week after. Then she figured out who his father was. The boy had Natsu's onyx eyes and smile.

Now, three months later, Nash was healthy and very energetic. Lucy never told anyone about this, though. If the truth was out, she didn't know what would happen. She tried not to worry about the fact as she sat on the marble bench.

"I'm not worried about finding someone."

"Fine, but what happened to that Salamander guy? Natsu Dragneel? Last I heard, he attempted to kill a guard with a melted plastic knife." Amber asked. Lucy was silent for a moment. She hadn't heard his name since that early morning.

". . . I don't know. Last time I talked to him he was talking about how girls were cranky after sex." She said, remembering the last time she saw his face. Amber snickered at the statement and handed her the child. Amber stood and wiped her hand on her skirt.

"Do they tell you anything?"

"No, I doubt they ever will."

• • •

In the prison, it was lunch. Natsu was gnawing on a chicken leg of scarfing down a half gallon jug of milk. Gray and Gajeel were seated next to him, quickly eating a cup of baked beans. They were escaping that night and were eating as much as they could.

The plan was simple. Distract the guards with a fight with magic, which was banned, and take out the ones that stayed up in the watch towers. They would then surround the guards and take them out and climb out, over the tall brick wall that surrounded the prison. Some mages suggested they would form a new guild and eventually take out the government. But most agreed that they didn't want to make this complicated.

The Fairy Tail members were visibly taking the toll of prison life. They were thin and hair was starting to become shaggy. They often fought against guards (part of the reason why they had to wait a year) and whip scars were visible on their backs. Being tortured was often the punishment of fighting the guards. Mages were forcefully given a drug every morning that would take away magic for 24 hours. They couldn't fight with magic. That morning they spit out the pill so magic was usable.

Boy, did they notice the difference. The mages felt energized and full of life. They were ready for a fight, especially Fairy Tail, known for being able to fight anyone and win. Natsu's horns had grown back, signaling to everyone that he was indeed the demon known as END. The demon created by one of the world's darkest wizards and hadn't been caught for 15 years. He had been caught when he was two because he threatened to go all demon on a baker for not giving him the slice of chocolate cake. The sight was pretty hilarious. A pink haired boy in tattered clothes was sitting on top of a glass case filled with various pastries and cakes. His face was covered in chocolate frosting and he flashed a smile at the police. He told them, "sorry I didn't save you any cake. But I see some sugar cookies in their."   

Guards were ecstatic that the demon was finally captured. Natsu was confused. If they wanted him so bad, they should've tried harder to catch him. It seemed the police didn't care about him that much, well, not as much as they used to. Which slightly hurt him. They didn't care about him, the real wizards and criminals were more important. That's how it was when he was ten. Now, he honestly couldn't care less about what they cared about.

Before her return, he really only cared about the guild and Happy. After, he found himself caring my and more about her each day. He didn't know how to take their end when it happened. He assumed it was for the best and tried not to think about it much.

He hadn't heard much about Lucy since the battle. Last he heard, she was yelling at the court for not giving her any say in what would happen in the kingdom. He remembered reading something about her being hormonal but he just assumed it was the time of the month, like most guys.

Natsu left his thoughts when he heard the bell ring, signaling that lunch was over and it was time to go back to the cells. He heard Lisanna groan and walk to the bathrooms with Wendy, it was their turn to clean the bathrooms. Something everyone hated. After they were first locked up, Lisanna complained that Lucy was being pampered while they washed their hair in her used water and backwash. Eventually, Laxus had gotten annoyed with her complaints and told her to, "shut the fuck up!" She hasn't spoken anything about Lucy since.

Now he was locked up in his grey cell with Gray, who was asleep above him. Natsu laid on his bed and counted the bricks on the wall and read the explicit messages written on the wall. He fell asleep to the sound of Erza and Juvia playing go fish in the cell across from them.

• • •

Author's Note;

When you get two chapters up in the same week, you need to celebrate. *plays AM by Arctic Monkeys and sings along to Arabella* yeah, celebrate.

I want to try to finish this story before September 1st because that's when I start school again and I want this to be just a Freshman year story.

Let me explain. . .

8th grade: A Fairy Tail and His Cinderella

9th grade; The Demon and The Princess

10th; Fire in The Twilight and The Dragneel Affair

11th grade; idk man sophomore really hasn't even started

See?

Until I write again,
~ Lucy (Lucythegirl)