Chapter 11 - The Fight Of The Heartfilias

"Lisanna,"

"Yes, Happy?"

"Did you say something to Lucy last night?" Happy asked. It was early evening and the sun was just starting to set.

"No." Lisanna replied quickly. "I don't know why she's acting like the way she is." Happy was settled on top of Lisanna's backpack. He was swishing his tail back and forth. Natsu wasn't far behind.

"You sure?" Natsu asked with his arms behind his head.

"Y-yes. Why do you both think it was my fault?" Lisanna asked as if she were offended.

"Because you don't like Lucy." Happy and Natsu said in unison.

". . .You're right, I don't. But I don't understand why you do Natsu! Even after you explained it to me!" She shouted. The two stared at her, surprised. She sighed and dropped her bag.

"I'll be back, I just need to vent." She said and walked off the path and into the woods.

"But, Lisanna, You're not a vent!" Happy said.

• • •

Lucy came across an old, abandoned barn. The red paint had faded and the roof had partly caved in. She stepped inside and discovered that the barn was an old lab. Cages were dented and rusted. Tables were broken and a worn out swivel chair was sitting in a corner with a stack of newspapers, the newest one dated July 8th, x677. The headline read, Scientist Claims Apocalypse. The article talked about a scientist who predicted that madness would occur July seventh, year x777.

She brushed off the dust and shoved the paper in her bag. She walked further through the barn and discovered more cages. The cages started getting bigger until they weren't even considered cages anymore. At the back of the barn, Lucy found a wooden box. The top had been chewed and burnt off. Lucy stepped closer and looked inside. A blond figure leaned over Lucy.

"Welcome, Heartfilia." It growled.

• • •

The sun had just set out in the horizon and the bright stars were visible. The mayor offered three sleeping bags, but noticed the blond wasn't with them.

"Wasn't there someone else with you?" He asked. Natsu nodded.

"She should be here soon." He said. Happy flew into the large barn. It was lit with candles and cots were laid out everywhere. Children were in the center, chewing on candy and telling stories. A small, white haired boy was telling the story of how he got lost in the woods near his family's farm and his dad looked for him all night. When he came home, without him. The boy was sitting on the kitchen table with a bowl of ice cream.

A little girl handed happy a plate of walleye. "My family owns the super market." She said. Happy thanked the girl and flew back outside. Lisanna was sitting on the grass, rolling out her sleeping bag.

"Where'd Natsu go?" Happy asked. Lisanna sighed.

"He went out to find Lucy." She said. She laid on her back and looked up at the stars. Happy sat next to her and ate the plate of fish.

• • •

Natsu found Lucy not far from the abandoned barn. She was brawling with someone. She had blond hair and a pink dress. She looked a lot like Lucy.

"Why are you fighting mommy, sweetheart?" The blond said. "This isn't very respectful to your elders." Lucy pinned the woman down to the ground.

"You're not my mother." Lucy grunted.

"Now, why would you say that?" The woman asked. She moved her right leg in between Lucy's and kicked, flipping her onto her back.

"I know all your weaknesses. I know your favorite book from when you were a baby. I know that you had a little pink haired friend when you were little. Oh how you're father hated that when he found out." The blond smiled. Lucy was struggling. Natsu jumped in once he noticed Lucy couldn't do it on her own. The woman noticed his power and stood still.

"My my, young man, you should learn your manners." Natsu wasn't listening. He shouted Fire Dragon Iron Fist and the woman vanished.

"Luce, you okay?" He turned around and found Lucy sitting on the ground, shaking. "Lucy?"

"I-I'm okay. It's just that what happened was a little traumatic." She said. She stood up and brushed the dirt off herself. She smiled. "I'm alright." Natsu grinned and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. On the way back to the barn, Natsu noticed something. She didn't use any of her keys. He asked her about it. She replied, "I wanted to do that on my own."

• • •
Author's Note:

Next chapter will be up April 4th! I think this chapter was longer than my other ones, which is great. Seriously. And thank you so much for 1k views! Please comment and vote!

~Lucy