Chapter 18 - Angry Gray

The Next Day

Hardia Royal Family Estate

"Adrian, get your ass outa bed." A girl stepped into Adrian's room. It was his younger sister, Aurora. She was a tall girl with brown hair and fair skin covered in freckles. She was going to continue talking but cut herself off at the sight in front of her. Her brother was tangled in white sheets along with a busty red head, both naked. "Damn it, Adrian! Why can't you be  a nice person? Maybe you'd still be with Lucy!"

"Shut up," Adrian groaned, "why are you so loud so early in the morning?"

"Morning?! It's two o'clock in the afternoon!" She shouted. Adrian propped himself up on his elbows and looked out the window. The sky was bright blue and birds were perched on the balcony, chirping.

"Aurora, could you help me with. . ." He gestured to the prostitute next to him. Aurora laughed.

"No, she's your problem. Good luck explaining that to dad!" She waved him off and closed the door. Adrian groaned and sat on the edge of his bed, looking at a framed photo. It was of Lucy, her sixteenth birthday. She wore a pink dress that exposed her shoulders and a short, gold locket. He was standing next to her, dressed in his uniform. At that time, he was a private solider. He'd asked her about the locket but she would always find a way to dodge the question. Eventually he had stopped trying.

He grabbed his boxers and slid them on as he stepped to his closet. The red head groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"About two in the afternoon." He replied.  He grabbed a blue shirt from his closet. The red head noticed the picture and took it off the night stand.

"Is this Lucy?" She asked. He turned around to see what she was asking about, then turned back to the khakis he was putting on.

"Yeah."

"I saw her on my way here, last night. She was dancing with that dragon slayer guy."

"Pink hair?"

"Yeah, she looked like she was in love." She said as she stretched. Adrian was silent. He tied a pair of leather shoes on his feet and headed towards the door.

"You loved her once, didn't you?"

". . .yeah," He had his hand on the golden door knob. Before she could say anything else, he left. She shrugged, "poor kid," she said. A few minutes later a maid stepped in and flipped at the sight of the naked woman in Adrian's bed.

• • •

Fairy Tail Guild

It was quite a sight, but not an uncommon one. Mirajane was squealing behind the bar. Apparently, Happy had been watching the two last night and told her about it. Because she is the guild's "shipping queen", and everything about any future couple needs to be reported to her. She didn't care if it was twelve o'clock at night, which was when she was told the information.

"I'm so excited for you two!" She exclaimed. Lucy was blushing madly and Natsu was on the other side of the guild. Unknown to the others, he was listening as Happy was talking about the fish he found last night before the storm started.

"Mira, please calm down, people are staring."

"No, this is one of my new top ships! Right along with GaLe, Jerza, and Gruvia!"

"What?"

"Oh nothing," she said as she started cleaning the bar glasses. "Let me know when it's official."