Chapter 26 - Lucy Versus Adrian

*WARNING* Chapter does contain dark themes. If you are uncomfortable at any time in the story, I suggest you wait for next weeks chapter. Please do not comment anything that would hurt me in anyway. If I feel later this is wrong and I shouldn't have written it, I will rewrite it when I come to edit the story.

"Natsu, stop!" Lucy shouted. As soon as the dragon slayer spotted Adrian, his immediate thought was to attack. He had ran towards him and punched, sending Adrian against the wall. Before he could lay another hit, Lucy was pulling him off. "Get off him!" She grabbed him by the shoulders and yanked, causing him to lay on his back.

"Wha- what are you doing?" He asked confusedly, "He was attacking you!"

"Really? I had no idea!" She replied in a sarcastic tone. She pulled both boys up by their collars and had them stand on their feet. "Adrian, give us a second. During that time, maybe you'll find something that will actually fight for you." She stated with a fake warm smile on her face. Adrian glared as she turned her attention to Natsu.

"You're mad at me for helping you?" He asked. Lucy shook her head.

"No, I'm not mad. It's just . . . This is my fight. My chance to show he can't control me. I need to do this. Do you understand?"

Natsu sighed, "I guess. Geez, sex makes a girl crazy, doesn't it?" Lucy smacked him atop the head.

"Just go, I can do this myself."

"Ugh. . . Fine. Just don't get yourself killed." He said as he ran out of the apartment. Lucy pulled out another key and aimed it. Before saying the command, she was attacked - finally - by a god. She was pushed up against a wall and was unable to move. Janus held his large hand up against Lucy's throat. He turned back to Adrian and then to Lucy. His attention switching every few seconds.

The god of beginnings? Such an odd choice. And why did it take him so long to fight? Her conscience asked.

I'm choking right now. Is this REALLY the right time to be asking that? Lucy replied. Janus unexpectedly let go of her neck, sending her to the ground coughing.

"Okay, now why aren't you fighting?" Adrian asked. He was frustrated. The gods and goddesses weren't known for cooperating with humans, but their reasons were sometimes not the best.

Janus shrugged. "Beginnings are complicated. They can begin with life or death. I'm neither. I can't kill her."

"Then knock her out!" Adrian demanded. Janus glared at him. His golden eyes became dark and covered by his brown curls. Adrian sighed in defeat. He knew these gods well enough to know how they'd react to him. "Fine, you can go."

"You can't tell me what to do, I am a god!" Janus stated.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He said as Janus disappeared. Adrian dug into the pocket of his navy blue army coat and slid the card inside. Lucy had caught her breath but started to giggle. "What's so funny?"

"This fight. . . It's so lame." She said in between laughs. Adrian was embarrassed. He was strong and showed it by being in control. He wasn't in control, and that needed to change.

Lucy had forgotten about his never ending quest for dominance. No, not sexually. She remembered it quickly once Adrian became physical, forgetting about gods that had better things to do. He punched her in the stomach, sending her to the ground. The wind had been knocked out of her.

She rested on her knees and left arm, the right was wrapped around her torso. Adrian looked down at her. No emotion. He leaned down and grabbed both her wrists. "I wonder what it's like to kick a woman. . ." He said. Instinctively, Lucy tried her best to get out of his grasp. To get to her keys. But to no avail.