Chapter 13 - Wanted Princess

Lucy awoke to the sound of water running. Natsu and Happy we're tired of waiting for her to wake up, so they drew up a bath. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stretched. Her pink pajamas were wrinkled and her blond hair was snarled. She walked into the kitchen. . .

"Natsu!"

". . .What?!"

"What happened in here?!"

"Me and Happy were hungry!" He explained. Her fridge was empty. Chip bags, crumbs, and wrappers were scattered across the floor. Her stove was on and covered in burnt on foods. She sighed and rolled up her sleeves. She picked up all the garbage and threw it away and closed the fridge door. She was scraping off food when Natsu and Happy walked in.

"We're sorry, Lucy. We were going to clean it up, honest!" Happy said. Lucy grumbled in reply. Natsu grabbed her arm.

"Natsu, what-?"

"Leave it be, we can clean this up. Take a shower and then we can go to the guild."

". . .alright." She walked out of the kitchen.

"Are we really going to clean this up?" Happy asked after she left the room.

"No," Natsu said and laid a towel over the stove. "There. Clean."

• • •

The capital was in disarray. The King insisted that his daughter was to be found before the government continued working on other issues. Officers had put up wanted posters all over the capital and troops had been sent to other cities in Fiore.

The King was sitting in his office along with The Duke of Hardia, an area in southern Fiore. The King's hair was disheveled and his clothing as well. The Duke was starring at a map on the back wall. Thumb tacks had been placed all over the map, where the princess had been spotted.

"It doesn't make any sense." The King said. He was standing in front of a large window, watching citizens set up for a farmers market the next day. Even though it was raining. The Duke mumbled and nodded. "It's only been a few weeks. How could she have been to every town in the kingdom?" There was a moment before The Duke replied.

"Didn't she have an interest in wizard guild growing up?" He asked. The King nodded. The Duke returned his attention to the map. Most of the pins were placed in a city, Magnolia. 

"What guild was it?"

"Fairy Tail."

"Isn't that in Magnolia."

"Yes, why?"

"The Princess joined that Fairy Tail guild." The King was silent for a moment.

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"She's been interested in that guild since she was a toddler. She always talked about joining the guild. I assume that these other reports," He gestured to the map, "were guild members trying to get us off track. They consider members like family from my understanding." The Duke finished. The King thought for a moment. He stood and began walking to the door.

"Your highness?"

"I'm sending troops to Magnolia. Fairy Tail will surrender and give me my daughter by the end of the month."

"And if they don't."

"I won't show mercy." He exited the office. The Duke sighed. He, like anyone else, knew this wouldn't end well.

• • •

Author's Note;

My goal is to get this story to 20 chapters or more. (Hopefully more) My plan is to write more frequently now that wattpad isn't blocked at school and chapters will start being posted every week! Next chapter will be April 18th!

~Lucy

P.S.
I notice that stories here tend to have playlists or songs for each chapter, should I do something like that? Comment ideas please!