Chapter 27 - The Lost Lover

An hour had passed since the start of the battle. And both sides were facing a horrible impact. The number of people fighting had gone down dramatically at the start but slowed as time went on. Showing who would be the strongest.

Gray and Juvia were fighting together against a group of army soldiers. One of which had a large ego. The soldier was a female, with dark green eyes and silky red hair. Freckles were placed randomly across her face along with fading scars. She appeared to be a wizard, and was once a Mage. No weapons were noticeable on her.

The fight between her and Gray was rough. Juvia believed she was trying to win Gray's heart by fighting, similarly to how he took her heart. The fight between her and Juvia was short lived. The soldier quickly took her out with a beautifully sculpted mermaid made out of ice.

The woman was an ice Mage.

The woman ran towards Gray, her arm up and ready for an attack. The two casted their spells at the same time. Gray created a bazooka, in a way. He wasn't focused enough and accidentally created a different bazooka; an instrument much like a kazoo with trombone like features. The soldier laughed as she created a thick layer of ice above the ground, causing him to slip and fall. Breaking the bazooka along the way.

Many of the other fights had been disturbed. Most trying to fight each other while slipping and sliding across the thick patch of ice. Wizards who used a magic that involved heat were caught up  far away from the fight. When trying to help, an opponent would hold them back. Natsu being included in this.

"This is Fairy Tail?! My guild was stronger than this and we were only number three!" She laughed. Her voice was cold. She raised her arms and crossed them. "Ice make, dirk!" A small, sword like object appeared. She slid across the large patch of ice, which had also caught other wizards and soldiers, and pinned him down. She held the weapon to his throat and smirked.

Not the best idea, Gray thought. He smiled as he saw Juvia looming over the woman. Her face dark and filled with rage. Gray chuckled, knowing what would happen.

"You think this is a good idea?" He asked. The red head gave him a questioning look before being thrown into the air by what once was her patch of ice. Juvia was motionless as the water attacked the woman.

This went on for minutes. It continued even when her name plate flew off her coat. It landed feet from Gray, who was watching the scene in front of him. The plate was small and rectangular. Across it read, "Lydia Corden".

"Put me down you fool!" She cried out. Many times over. Eventually Juvia put her down. Lydia huffed and took off her coat, tying it around her waist. Revealing her long white arms. And a blue, Lamia Scale mark. "You selfish, glorified, over rated wizards!" She shouted. She quickly created an ice hand gun and pulled it out on Gray.

"Don't touch Gray-sama." Juvia demanded. Lydia turned around quickly and aimed the gun at the water Mage.

"Don't tell me what to do." Lydia said. "I shouldn't listen to you. You only fight for yourselves. Always getting into trouble. Guilds are always helping you. I've only heard of you saving one guild, and they didn't even exist!" Both wizards knew where she was getting this from.

Lamia scale was the first major guild be shut down. They asked Fairy Tail for help, but help never arrived. During that time, it was the S-class wizard trials. No one was there. No one could help. By the time they came to help, the hall was in shambles. Members had gone their own ways.

"Look, Lydia, we don't-" The gun was held against his throat.

"You don't what?"

"We didn't mean to have your guild disbanded." That wasn't the answer she was looking for. As she began to pull the trigger, the gun melted into water and fell at her feet. She knew who was responsible.

Lydia turned and went for Juvia, who had been prepared. Lydia was hit with a series of water bullets that pierced her skin. She stopped in between the two, clutching her abdomen. She chuckled.

She was playing monkey in the middle.

A child's game and she was losing. She looked herself up and down. There was enough damage to knock her out, but it would take awhile for it to kill her. Just what she wanted.

You see, she had nothing. Lydia was ex-member of Lamia Scale. The last place she saw her former lover, Aurora.

She had nothing to live for. Nothing to go home to. Joining the army was just a suicide mission to her. A way to end things before it became harder to do so.

She was knocked out of her thoughts when she heard Gray help her to the ground and Juvia apologize over and over again. Lydia cut her off. She said it was alright and that what happened was what she wanted. She laid on the rocky soil and began talking. Mostly about her relationship with the duke's daughter. I suppose you're interested in hearing what she said.

"I remember when I first met her. It was a few days after her fourteenth birthday and it was her first mission with a group. At the time her hair was short and died a pastel pink. She appeared in a white shorts, overalls, and a flower crown. We sat next to each other on the train ride there. She kept talking about some punk rock band she was into. I was honestly annoyed with it.

"But I never would've guessed she would've been the love of my life. She reminded me of the girl in school who was secretly pretty. The one no one sees until ten years later and she's a CEO. She was quiet and caring and everything that balanced me out. I loved her. And I'm pretty sure she loved me, considering she would tell me once a day. Every day.

"That is until the guild was disbanded. We were fighting the army and she wanted to get us to hide and stay safe. I called her a coward and a weakling. The hurt on her face was burned into my brain forever. I haven't heard her voice since then. And I haven't seen her since the funeral yesterday.

"She talked about Lucy, the princess, quite often. Keep her safe will you?" Lydia asked. The two mages nodded. She smiled and closed her eyes. Letting death take her in his embrace. Sending her to the afterlife.

• • •

Author's note;

I had to rewrite this chapter twice because wattpad was being a little brat. Hey, we know Aurora's girlfriend now! Woohoo! Who's happy she isn't straight? Me. Oh. And because I didn't say this before.

May the Orlando victims rest in peace. And never be afraid to hide your pride or any important part of your identity. Be proud of who you are.

Because some people don't hear it often enough. I thought I'd say it.

There won't be any updates the first two weeks of July because I'll be at a language emersion camp. So I may update Wednesday, June 29th, because it's my birthday!!

So until next update . . .

~ Lucy (lucythegirl)