Chapter 2

"No!" The one word that made Gina's faces instantly flatter, came out of my mouth, without a second thought. Miasma briefly covered my vision as the images of myself falling over my dress, or spilling my own drink down myself disrupted my mind. There was no way in hell I was going to the dance, where I would only make a foul of myself.

I really did try to avoid Gina's 'puppy-dog' eyes, but automatically, I looked over when she honked the horn to her van, and I wish I had not because the look on her face, made me want to give in.

"Come on," Gina pleaded, "You can't leave me without a date. What kind of best friend would you be?" Still trying to not give in to the evil 'puppy-dog' eyes, that had previously got me into a lot of trouble, I frowned at the 'best friend' statement. Was she really going to play that card?

"Don't give me those eyes." I groan, wanting to scream at her attempts to make me change my mind. 

Gina instantly smiled, thinking she was winning, she turned in her seat to face me, as I peered out my own window seeing students flooding the parking lot. 

"Then come with me." I could hear the smile and amusement in her voice, "It'll be fun" 

I un-belt, and turn towards Gina, raising my eyebrows. Gina's definition of fun was partying and dancing, all night, which leads to no sleep as she would drag me to the mall in the morning for hours of shopping, and then eventually when I was allowed to sit down, to watch a movie at the cinema, I would miss the movie because I would be sleeping. This happened every time Gina had forced me into going to a party with her, and let me tell it is not fun. Plus the last time we had done Gina's definition of 'fun' the memories are still etched into my mind, it was that torturous.

"The last time you said it would be fun" I looked at her in the eyes, glaring "We almost got arrested!" I almost screamed, and the memory clouded my eyes as I remember Gina dancing on the table, while I pretended I had no idea who the crazy girl was, and was succeeding, until my worst nightmare happened....

Harley Dale walked in. 

My long-term crush. I knew if he had looked over in my direction he would the blush that had appeared all over my face, I was absolutely embarrassed. 

So, anyway, I'm hiding in a corner and my best friends dancing on the table, it couldn't get worst right? Wrong.

 Of course my best friend knew about my crush on Harley, so in her drunken state when she see's him, she starts shouting me.

Flash back...

"Ella the smeller, Ella the-" She was singing a song about me at the top of her lungs.

Oh my god, kill me now.

She's still dancing on the tables and turning around, that's when she see's Harley walk in and then she stop dead and looks at me wide eyes because she know's I like him.

Oh please don't say anything, Please, please, plea-

"Ella look whose walked in" No! kill me. kill me.

Harley looks over at me, and smirks. Oh no he must no I like him now. My innocent fourteen self told me and I quiver in embarrassment in the corner.

That's when I run to the restroom

Flash back over...

After that traumatic moment Gina comes to the restroom realizing what she had done, apologizing.

 She's my best friend so obviously I forgave her and she suggest we get out of here so we did, 

Somehow Gina had stole a bottle of vodka from behind the bar and as soon as we left we were both drinking.

An hour later Gina was dancing again but this time on top of a police car and never guess what?

There was a police man in the car.

Let's just say  the night ended with us both having a lot of mud on us, I think I had a tree branch in my hair and my legs were in acrocheating pain that I had to have two days off school.

Never mind that one broken toe...

"Hey?" The fingers that belonged to Gina were clicking in front of my face, snapping me out of the worst party Gina had taken me to as of late. "Are you even listening to me?" 

"Hm, Yeah." I look over at Gina who is browsing through her bag for something.

"Right." The sarcasm was dripping off her tongue, that made me frown. "So where was I... Right, I promise nothing embarrassing." Still looking through the bag, she takes out her phone, and quickly starts typing on her blackberry keyboard.

"Gina you said that last time. And you know I hate dancers." 

"I don't know why, because you've got the moves, You've been dancing for ten years" Gina pleads, looking up from her phone, a small smile stretching upon her thin face.

"yeah well it doesn't mean I like dancers" 

"Please do it for me, I've been planning this for over a month and been looking forward for it just as long, please" I felt really bad for making Gina beg... maybe I should just go, she was my best-friend who was planning the dance, it would be weird if she did not go to her own dance, right?

"I can't afford a dress" That's my last excuse I've got.

Gina looks at me and has a wide smile on her face just as she opens her door, forcing myself to unlock my door. Instantly the noise of the parking Lott interrupted my ears, making me groan. Why did everyone have to be so noisy?

"Well I can sort that out for you"

"There's no way you're buying my dress" That was where I drew the line... I was not a charity case.

"I never said buying you a dress did I. So does that mean your going to coming" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, I gue-"

"Yay! You're the best. Now out the car we've got some planning to do." 

Oh great. Now please lord, kill me.