Chapter 10

It wasn't what i was expecting, when i arrived home i had come through the door expecting to be beaten, What i didn't expect was my Step Dad preparing a meal for me and my brother's. Like actual cooking.

At first i was weary, but after i had sat down at the dining table with both of my brother's and step Dad i had decided he wasn't going to do any surprise attack's and started eating the starter, Leak and potato soup. My brother's favourite. 

How did my step father get money to but food for a three course meal? 

I got the big serving spoon and poured two spoon full's of soup into my bowl. I got a handful of crussant's and put them on the side of the plate. 

I stirred the soup making a swirl i put two pieces of crussant's into into my soup and scooped one of the crussants up and put it to my mouth.

My brother's had already ate half of the soup. My step father had gone on to his second serving. It tasted amazing. 

When i had finished my bowl of soup, My step father took away all the plates and bowls and then went back into the kitchen.

I sat in silence waiting for what was going to happen next,

Five minute's later my father brought through a platter with a huge steak in and vegetable's, potatoes and a gravy pot. He sat it down in the middle of the dining table. 

He started serving the meat out on each of our plate's. Then sharing the potato's out. We all added our own mix vegetable's and gravy and then we all started eating.

This felt weird. Why would my father make us a dinner,? It felt like the last supper

As we all started digging in.

"So how was all your days at school?" My father asked 

"It was good" My brother's mumbled while gobbling into there steak.

I just sat quietly eating slowly a mouth full of potatoes and vegetable.

"Ella, How was your day?" He asked looking at me, I coughed,

"it was good thank's, yours?" Why did i ask him about his day, was i stupid?

"It was good thank's for asking, I've actually got a job at the TV company i applied for, they called up. I'm starting next week." He said confidently,  I sat up in my chair cutting into the piece of steak i had on my plate. I didn't know weather to congratulate him or not, but before i could, he continued,

"I've also got a job for tomorrow night. I'm going to be at the dance making sure nobody get's out of line," He smiled evilly looking at me, " To bad you won't be there Ella." He said smugly. 

My brother's looked up at me questionably because they know i wanted to go. I adverted my eye's on to the very interesting clock on the wall.

We all sat in silence for a couple of minute's finishing our main course, Then my Dad stood up and collected our plates, 

My step father brought in a ki-lime pie for desert. My favourite.

After we had fin shed our tea in silence i was excused to my room. 

 As soon as i got there i checked my phone, i had 7 missed calls from Gina, 5 text,

Call me, Urgent!

Call me when you get this.

Hell answer my calls

Can you come over to mine

Call me.

I dialed Gina's number and she answered on the second ring.

"Ella, Thank god, why haven't you been picking up!" Gina Gushed

"Sorry Gina, been busy, So what's up?"  I asked quietly, making sure not to speak to loud, and sat down on my bed knowing this was going to be a long conversation.

"you've got to come over, I got to make sure your dress still fit's, The dance is less than 20 hour's away!." Gina screamed through the phone, Making me put the phone few inches away from my ear.

"Gina I told you i'm grounded, you know i can't come tomorrow."  I said calmly trying for her to get the message. I lay-ed back on my bed, curling up just as i hear Gina scream in frustration.

"Yes you are going, I have a plan" She said after screaming she'd carm down.

"And what is this magic plan because all tomorrow i'm going to be cleaning this house, Have you seen my broter's bedroom, It's like a bomb had exploded in their and don't even start me on the basement."  In the middle of desert My step father had told me about all the thing's i will be doing tomorrow, after my brother's were out the room of course.

"He's making you clean? And your brother's are letting you into their kingdom, wow! But i think I have an idea" I could tell Gina was thinking because she was talking slowly.

"And what would that be because, My step father is going to be their tomorrow night and what do you think is going to happen when he sees me"

"Hello it a mascaraed ball, He won't know who is who and as for the cleaning Me, and Katie will come over as soon as your Dad's left and clean, three pair of hands are better than one. Even if we are half an hour late it doesn't matter."  I was shocked, Gina would give up an hour or so of her presses time to help me clean, I sat up in bed, Could it actually work?

"I can't ask you two to do that," 

"Yes you can and you will, I will bring your dress over as well then, and we'll do a quick stitch." She paused. "yes mum i'm coming. I've got to go , i'll be around at  7.30" Then she put the phone down.

I checked my email and saw i had an Email from HDTFBP

 It says

 -------------------

From HDTFBP

To ELLC101

Meet me tomorrow and the end of the stair's 10.00, Don't be late, -H

-------------------

I guess tomorrow is looking up, I'm gong to have a great night with my friends and meeting my prince charming...

I just hope that dress fit's