Chapter 7

Noise, People talking that's the first thing i heard. I can hear people shouting and someone crying? What happened?. Then i hear my step brother's voice. This is so not a dream. I try and open my eyes. Where am i? I look around i'm in my tutor room, I hear someone cry again , i look to my right and see Gina,

Why is she crying? What happened? Why is everyone looking at me? 

I sit up, Why was i laying down? "Ouch" I say i banged my head again on something hard, I look behind me to see what i banged my head on, it was Harley, Oh. My. God! 

I laughed shyly, I can't believe i just banged my head with Harley, He laughs a little as well, Did he just laugh with me?

I was so confused. I don't talk all these people who are looking at me and then i hear Gina sob again, i look at her, My best friend why is she crying again?,

"What happened?" I asked Her, My voice still sounding a bit horse.

"You fainted, are you okay?" Gina asks me softly, At least she stopped crying now. I couldn't tell her the truth, i knew that.

"Yeah erm." I paused what should  i tell her, I look over at my two step brothers who are the only ones that know the truth. They're looking at me with a I'm sorry but you can't tell anyone about our money issues.  I knew that "I just didn't get much sleep last night." I know that was a crap lie and anyone who knew me would know that was a lie, but what else could i say?

"Move out my way, Let me through." Someone was saying, as the person made there way through the crowd i saw that it was the nurse Mrs Kindly, I didn't need a nurse, I hate being the centre of attention. Behind her one of the jocks following her through, Looking at me weirdly. I bet i look like a load of crap, Great. ( Note the sarcasm.)

Mrs Kindly was checking me over, Lifting my arms up, I felt useless. I tried to struggle out of her grasp. I was so uncomfortable,She then looked at my shirt i knew she could see how thin i looked.  I should have just wore baggy clothes today. 

She then looked over at my brothers giving them a steady look, She was trying to figure out what was going on a she knew that she couldn't do it with most of the school watching.

"Let me take you to the first aid room and have you checked out privately"She said holding onto my arms, She looked over at all the people gawking at us and then she saw my two brothers again, "You two can also come as well." She said sternly. There was no  saying no to Mrs Kindly when she was like this. They just nodded and stood up.

"Can i come i'm her best friend" Gina begs, I wanted her to come but i know if she did then she'd know when i was lying and only try and get it out of me later.

"No only family, you can see her after iv'e checked her out" Mrs Kindly said professionally

"But-" Mrs Kindly cuts her off. Gina pulled a face at her when she wasn't looking it made me smile.

"Come on Ella can you stand?" Mrs Kindly asked me while trying to help me up. When i was up I still felt a bit wobbly, James spotted i was and grabbed my other arm that Mrs Kindly wasn't holding. I smiled slightly at him, thanking him. He nodded understanding.

I started to walk out the room but turned back to Gina, "I'll see you at lunch okay, don't worry" I said trying to tell her i'd be fine. She smiled and nodded but i know she was still going to worry and have 1001 questions for me to answer at lunch which i need to prepare for.

I heard John and James mutter to each other. "What are we going to do?" They knew we didn't have any money and only one can of soup left to feed us all. and our pride was to high to tell anyone our problems.