Chapter 8

I moved uncomfortably in my chair from the four pair of eye's staring at me from around the circular table. Even as i glanced down at my half eaten sausage roll, i could still feel there intense stares penetrating me. I moved around in my chair again. I looked up again to see one pair of eye's that held confusion, they were Katie's eye's, One pair of eye's laced with confusion and disbelief that was Dan, and another pair of eye's edged with concern and lastly the person who know's me the best Gina, Her eye's hurt, that made me cringe she knew i was lying, they all knew i was lying but Gina was my best friend and didn't understand why i was lying to her.

"So, let me get this right, youv'e been taking sleeping pills because you haven't been sleeping properly, and that's why you fainted?" Katie asked, but from the way she said those words, i knew she thought it was a load of bullshit.

"Yes i am allergic to benzodiazepines, Which is the main ingredient in sleeping pills" I replied confidently, I knew allot about sleeping pills because i used to have to take them when i had nightmare's about my mums death.

"i don't get how you fainted though, if your allergic then shouldn't you have a hard time breathing and rashers?" Dan asked the question this time more skeptical. I gulped down some of my vitamin water and placed it down gently on the table before answering again.

"No not always, it effects people differently, Instead of those symptoms i had some like loss of weight and feeling faint and sickness." I replied I hoped that they wouldn't bring up about me looking to thin so i just added that to the symptom list. I looked down again when four pairs of eye's were studying me again. I picked up my my half eaten sausage roll and finished it off, After that i took a big gulp of my water. 

When i looked up again, I was prepared for a whole lot more of questions.

"Why didn't you tell us about your sleeping problem?" This time Gina asked with hurt evident in her voice , I flinched i didn't realise how personal she had took this.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you guy's and didn't want you to fuss over me." I said in a Meir whisper and looked down, This was partly true i hadn't told them what was up with me because i didn't want my friends to worry but it was just not about my allergic reaction.

"It's okay, What did Ms. kindly say?" Matt asked changing the subject 

"She said to stop taking the pills and she gave me some other tablets that don't have benzodiazepines in them." I replied

"So that was all that is wrong because you said that you forg-" I gave Gina my warning glare telling her not to mention anything to the rest of my friends. She obeyed "Well you going to have to come over to mine to night, Your as thin as a stick. I'm going to have to take the dress in." She was lost in her thought thinking about our dresses, at least she had brought my story, i knew i had to still explain to her about me forgetting to eat because i let it spill,opps.

"Well in the future if anything like this happens, to any of us, i think we should confide in each other, that's what friends are here for right." Katie says bringing the conversation about me fainting to an end, we all agree and we went back to our favourite topic, The dance tomorrow. 

"So we are taking my baby then?" Gina asks  in her ever so sweet tone when she is talking about her car. Yes car, she hasn't got a baby. 

"Yeah Pick me up at seven okay?" Well that was the only way we were getting there because i haven't got a car. Everyone else had tuned out of our conversation , which i didn't mind because this is all Gina could talk about.

Just then the bell blessed us with his presence by chiming, We all stood up saying bye to each other, Gina kissing Dan, Me hugging Matt and Katie and we all started walking our separate ways to lessons, I had Matt in my next lesson so i walked with him. We had History. which i am actually good at.