Chapter 4

"I can't believe you owned a teacher, My baby girls all grown up" Gina teased me as we sat in her living room watching harry potter and the goblet of fire.

"I don't know how you even heard about that" I didn't tell Gina about my run in with Mr parking's but some how before i made it to her car to get a Ride to her place, she'd already heard about it.

"Well it's not every day now that the ever so quiet Ella Clarkson, my best friend, opens her mouth to a teacher. We need to celebrate" Seriously i didn't think it was that big of a deal. I roll my eye's to her and turn my head to the television screen.

"Let's  just watch Harry go into the maze alright?" I know how much Gina loves Harry Potter, and this is defiantly her favorite one, I suggested we watch this one so she would stop taking about science but as you can tell, it hasn't worked.

"Okay okay, so what time did Katie say she was coming over?"  Gina asked while munching into a handful of popcorn.

"whenever she's done with her mum's new boyfriend, Katie said she's seen her mum looking at some wedding books and thinks that he might be step daddy number 5." I really hope not, Katie never complains about her mum always getting married to different men every year but i know it gets to her, especially when the rumors start to spread across school and she get's bullied because of her mums behaviour.

I can remember once walking down the corridor and hearing people whisper about Katie's mum, I think this was husband number 3 and she was marrying one of the riches men in town, Also one of the eldest men in town. Everyone was chanting Gold digger, Scum and loads of words which i don't care to repeat. Katie just walks past them all with her head held high, didn't even shred a tear, I don't know how she did it.  I would have run to restroom and cried all day. It wasn't till later i realised why she didn't cry. She knew if she let people get to her then they would only laugh and keep calling her.

"Oh do you think Katie's mum will let me have the magazines after so i can look at dress designs?" I can't believe how heartless Gina could be.

"Is that all you can think about when your friend is going to meet papa number 5, I can't believe you" I stand up and walk into the kitchen to get my self a drink when i walk back in Gina is watching harry potter and eating popcorn as if our conversation never happened, She get's like this when she know's shes done wrong.

I sigh and sit next to her, hug her and then for the next half an hour we just sit and watch harry potter.

"Don't touch it!" Gina shouts at me and Katie. 

Once Katie arrived, she didn't want to talk about her mums Fiance....

So Gina's amazing idea to talk dresses had us in her studio, well it's the spare room but Gina made it into a design studio.

I would normally disagree but seeing Katie wasn't in the mood to talk, this seemed like a good idea.

So far My dress has been cut out, Well the large piece of blue silk material has pieces cut out which all together would make a dress I'm presuming. and Gina won't let us touch the material. What the hell right?

Gina's material is a hot pink colour and has been templates but not cut out yet.

Katie also like me doesn't like dances so she doesn't have to worry about dresses. but i know she love seeing how dresses are designed.

"I can tell these are going to look fabulous" Katie states

"Yes, now Ella Stand on that step there are open your hand like this" Gina is measuring me to make sure the dress fits, She moved my arms so i'm standing like a scare crow.

Katie laughs at the face i'm pulling. Gina's pulling the serious face while measuring my stomach area.

 an hour and ten minutes later , Five high heel changes, 10 massive laughing giggles later and my dress is all measured out. Thank God.

"that was soo fun" Gina jumps up and down hyped with the good job she's done.

I smile because to me that was the worst hour of my life. Katie sniffles a giggle with a cough. Bitch, 

"oh look at the time," I pause and look at the clock reading 8.35pm."I best be going" I wanted to see how My step dads job interview went.

"Yeah me too, Thanks for letting us come over Gina, Do you want a lift home Ella?" 

"Yeah that'd be great thanks" I didn't' really feel like a 45 minute walk home.

After Katie dropped me off at the bus station, where Gina picked me up this morning i walk the 2 minute journey home, It's easier to drop me off at the bus station.

As i'm walking up the drive to my house i can see the living room light on and the kitchens, My step dad and brothers must be still down stairs.

As i make my way in and go into the living room, i see my step dad sitting there with a can in his hand and four empty  cans on the floor. On no i wonder how the interview went.

"Hey dad, How'd the interview go" my step dad looks up at me just noticing i'd walked in.

"I dint get it, said i wasn't qualified enough, i mean it's a TV company not an office" I'd been really hoping that he'd get this job but i guess he can find a better one.

"It's gonna be OK dad, you can get another interview." I was trying to reassure him, He takes another gulp of his beer and stands up.

"I don't know if i-i can, who'd want to hire me" He slurred, The drink was getting to him.

"Lot's of people" 

"Shut up you useless piece of-" He fainted. When step dad drinks to much he normally gets violent and abusive thank good ness he fell asleep before he got violent, didn't want to add another bruise to my collection.

I put my step dad on the sofa and put the blanket over him and walk up stairs to the attic which is also known as the box room.

I sit on my bed and check the chat line i go on, You can talk to people who want to go to the same college as you. It suppose to help you make friends so when you go to college you have some friends.

My name on it is EllC101. Ive been talking to  HDTFBP, we've become good friends, I know that he wants to go to Yeale like me and also attends my school as well , but i don't know who he is.

Message(2)

To EllC101

From HDTFBP

Hey EllC101, I'm thinking about who you could be, Blond or Brunette?

-----------------------------------

To EllC101

From HDTFBP

Are you going to the ball at the weekend, I'd love to meet you.

----------------------------------------

I smile at the messages and start to reply..

To HDTFBP

From ELLC101 

I'm a blond, and yes I'm going to the ball at the weekend, My friend is making me go :p

----------------------------------------------

About a minute later a message pop's up

To ELLC101

From HDTFBP

AH a beautiful blond, well have a good night EllC101 :) xxx

------------------------------------------------

I went to bed dreaming about who HDTFBP could be...