Prologue

Mayu's P.O.V

"Need to run...faster...need to get away..."

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. My lungs felt like they were on fire and it hurt really bad. I wanted to cry, scream, do anything to get help. How long had I been running? Minutes? Hours? I had no clue. All I knew was I had to keep running.

"Keep running...need to get away...hurry up..."

Tears stung my eyes as my legs started to give out on me. I looked behind me to see if I was still being chased.

Worst mistake of my life.

I bumped into something, causing me to fall to the ground. I looked up, my eyes widening in horror.

"Well now, it looks like our little game of chase is over...livestock."

"How...how did this even happen...?"
.

.

.

.

* A few hours earlier *

"Okaa-san!! Oto-san!!" I shouted happily as I searched for both my parents. "We're in the kitchen honey!" My mothers voice echoed from the other room. I ran in and gave both of my parents a big hug. "Ne, Okaa-san, Oto-san. Could we go to the park after dinner? The weather's really nice outside!" I exclaimed, taking a seat next to my father who was currently drinking his tea.

My mother smiled as she put my plate in front of me. The food smelled so good. I heard my stomach growl and my mother giggled. "I don't see why not. What do you think, darling?" My mother asked as my father put down his drink and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea, but, you know the rules Mayu."

I puffed out my cheeks and groaned. "I have to clear my plate...even of the things I don't like first." I grabbed my fork and started poking at the mushrooms and onions. Of all the vegetables in the world...I got stuck having to eat my least favorite of all.

My father nodded. "That's right. Now, eat your vegetables..or no going to the park and also, no ice cream on the way back home either." My eyes sparkled with excitement as I shoved a forkfull of mushrooms and onions into my mouth. My dad chuckled and rolled his eyes as my mother giggled and took a sip of her tea.

Hey, if my dad mentioned the word ice cream, I'd eat anything!

After dinner, we put our plates in the sink and we headed off to the park. I gasped in awe as I saw all the Sakura trees were in bloom. They were so very pretty! I ran under one of the trees and started spinning in small circles, enjoying the petals that fell into my hair. This was one of the best days ever!

Or so I thought....

I heard my mother scream, making me jump and turn around. My eyes widened as I saw my father's body on the ground, lifeless. My mother was kneeling down next to him, shaking him and shouting his name. "....Oto...san..?!" I panicked as I started to run towards him. I wasn't even two feet away from my parents when my mother suddenly grabbed her chest and cried out in pain. I went to call out to her, but she suddenly spat up blood and fell onto my father's lifeless body, all movement in her stopping.

"...O..Okaa...san...? Oto...san..?"

Suddenly, everybody else around me that was either running to get help, or calling the police started falling down to the ground, coughing up blood. My eyes widened in horror as I sunk down to my knees, trembling.

"What...what is happening?!! Why is everybody...?!!"

I heard a big and very low to the ground whooshing sound emitting from behind me. I turned around to see a plane a few blocks away from me crashing to the ground. Panicking, I got up off the ground a started running as fast as I could. A huge explosion knocked me to the ground as flames and smoke started to evade the air.

I was so scared that I swore my heart was going to stop at any moment. The Sakura trees that I was running under earlier, some of its branches were engulfed in flames. Tears spilled out of my eyes. Why was all of this happening? I sat there crying, unable to do anything. I heard footsteps behind me making me freeze.

"Maybe...maybe it's someone who can help me..."

I turned around to see a man in a black cloak. I was starting to get scared as I saw he was carrying a sword. "E-Excuse me...um mister....c-could you help me...?" I asked as the man started coming closer. He paused and then smiled, showing me what looked like fangs.

I freaked out and started to run, hearing footsteps behind me.

"Need to run...faster...need to get away.."

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. My lungs felt like they were on fire and it hurt really bad. I wanted to cry, scream, do anything to get help. How long had I been running? Minutes? Hours? I had no clue. All I knew was I had to keep running.

"Keep running...need to get away...hurry up..."

Tears stung my eyes as my legs started to give out on me. I looked behind me to see if I was still being chased.

Worst mistake of my life.

I bumped into something, causing me to fall to the ground. I looked up, my eyes widening in horror.

"Well now, it looks like our little game of chase is over...livestock." The vampire said as he picked me up by the throat.

I gasped for air as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Why...? Why is this even happening...?"

"How...how did this even happen?"

Slowly, the whole world around me started to get fuzzy and grow black.

"Somebody...somebody..help...me..."

My body started to grow heavy and my eyes were slowly starting to close.

"O...Oto-san...O...Okaa-san..."

"Help....me..."