Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu

Normal P.O.V

"Everyone, retreat now! Our rendezvous point is the airport! There will be helicopters for us to escape in!" Shinya shouted as he held off the remaining vampires.

Shinoa nodded and quickly put her weapon away, turning towards her comrades. "We're retreating!" She stated, the others quickly following closely behind her. "Do anything to get there!" Shinya shouted, continuing to shoot the vampires that were following after them.

Narumi stood there, completely unable to move. He could only stare in anger and regret as he looked down on his fallen comrades. "Lets go!" Shinya shouted, starting to lose patience. Narumi just ignored him, clenching his fists.

Shinya gritted his teeth and quickly punched Narumi in the face. "Narumi! Snap out of it already!" He snapped. He understood how Narumi was feeling though. It really hurts to loose people you care about, but now was not the time to mourn their deaths.

Gritting his teeth, Narumi turned around and started running, not even daring to turn back and look at his fallen comrades.

He swore that one day...

He was going to avenge their deaths.
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I shivered as the cold winter air blew through, causing the smell of blood to hit my nose once again.

"It's getting stronger. Mika's wounds are starting to get worse by the minute. If he continues to carry both Yuu-kun and I..."

"He's eventually going to bleed out."

I turned towards Mika, about to say something until he tripped, causing me to fall on my face.

"Ow..."

"Mika-kun, are you alright?" I asked as I helped him up. He grit his teeth in pain and clutched his chest. It sounded like he was having a hard time breathing.

"That wound in his chest is what is really affecting him the most. It's what's causing him to lose so much blood."

"Dammit." He mumbled as he pulled out a small pouch, opening it as quickly as he could. His eyes widened when he saw that all the viles in it were broken and completely empty. Frustrated, he threw the pouch aside, causing the empty viles to shatter even more.

"I need to do something. He can't continue like this.."

"Mika-kun. You're too injured. Let me h--" I started to say, but he shook his head. "I'm fine, so don't worry. We also need to get Yuu-chan to wake up as soon as possible. There's something I need to talk to you both about.." He stated as he grabbed Yuu up off the ground.

"What does he mean..?"

"Yuu-chan, please wake up. There's something I need to tell you about." He said, trying to get Yuu to wake up. Getting frustrated, he shook Yuu by his shoulders. "Wake up, Yuu-chan!" He shouted, sounding really desperate. "Mika-ku--" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as Mika hit Yuu in the face. "Wake up!"

I grabbed Mika's arm quickly, surprising him. "That's not gonna wake him up any faster, dammit!" I stated, starting to get a bit frustrated myself.

"But...at this rate..." He said, his shoulders trembling slightly. I bit my lip, trying to hold back my tears. "I know, so that's why we need to hurry up and find a safe place to hide." Mika looked back up at me and nodded.

When he tried to carry both Yuu and I again, I moved away. "No, you've done enough. Let me help." I stated. He tried to argue with me, but I stopped him. "I'm not a weak little girl anymore, Mika-kun! Let me take some of the burden once in a while!"