Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren

(A/N: I can't believe I'm close to being done with this book. I'm so excited because this will be the first book I've ever completed! X3.

By the way, in this picture I drew both Mayu and Riza together. Drawing the pose took me forever. XP. I hope u all like it.)
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I watched as the plane left, heading on its way to the Seventeenth Progenitor's location. I just hoped this plan worked long enough for me to get my family. I looked back over at the Demon Army soldier's body and glared.

"Did you protect Yuu-chan and Mayu-chan? No, you're just using them."

Sighing, I got back on track. "Okay, follow me! We'll go investigate the city hall!" I announced as I motioned for the vampire soldiers to follow me.

"I'm coming for you, Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I sharp gust of wind blew through, causing my hair to flutter playfully around.

"Mayu-chan."

I quickly turned around, searching for the faint voice that called out my name. "What's wrong, Mayu-san?" Shinoa asked, startling me. I shook my head. "Oh, nothing. I just noticed that it looks like it might rain soon." I stated, turning away.

"For a minute there..."

"I thought I heard Mika-kun...calling my name.."

Shinoa sighed. "It's a perfect day to launch an attack." She said, catching my attention. I smirked, gripping my weapon tightly.

"Yeah. It sure is."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Guren looked through the binoculars, frowning when he saw the vampires guarding the front of city hall. He sighed in irritation. "They definitely plan on ambushing us. So, what should we do?" He mumbled, trying to think of what to do.

"But, we're gonna do it, right?" Yuu asked, catching Guren's attention. We're gonna rescue the hostages, right? He asked again, clenching his fists. "Why go head-on knowing it's a trap?!" Narumi asked, causing you to grit his teeth. "Then what are we doing?!"

Guren looked to the side in thought. Let's see.." He mumbled as he looked over at everyone. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke. "Okay. We'll snipe from here to see how they react." He stated as he looked over the side of the building.

"We have four targets; Crowley Eusford, Chess Belle, and Horn skuld. And just recently, we got word that the Fourth Progenitor has appeared as well. If the enemy is stronger than us, we're giving up on the hostages." Mayu's eyes widened.

They would really give up on the hostages if things got tough?! What the hell! "What?! Giving up?! There's an way I can do that!" Yuu shouted, enraged. Mayu nodded. "I'm sorry, but we can't give up on our comrades like that!"

Shinoa put a on their shoulders. "The both of you, calm down. Lieutenant colonel, what's our priority for this mission?" Shinoa asked, trying to change the subject. Guren motioned towards everyone. "To maintain our current headcount. Then, saving the hostages. We won't fight if we're gonna die."

"So there's another mission waiting for us after this?" Narumi asked. Guren nodded. "Our job is to keep the vampires in Nagoya for as long as we can, and stall so the Shibuya main unit has time to get ready." Narumi's eyes widened slightly in surprise.