Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph

Normal P.O.V

"I'm never ever going to let anyone else die!" Yuu shouted, not even realizing how far out of the battlefield he was going. "Idiot! You're too far out!" Kimizuki shouted as he tried to hold off one of the Demon Army soldier's that was attacking him.

Yuu glared and swung his sword, cutting down all the vampires that were in his way. He soon stopped as he caught sight of Guren, his eyes widening in relief.

"Y-You were alright, Guren!" Yuu exclaimed, completely happy to see his caretaker. Mayu's eyes widened as well when she heard Guren's name. When she turned around, she froze, sensing something completely different about Guren. "Stop! Yuu-kun! Something's--" She started to say, but she was cut off when a vampire tried to attack her.

Guren smirked, turning towards Yuu. "Hey, Yuu. Glad to see you're okay." He stated as he swung his sword at Yuu.
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Good thing I didn't believe in humans." Mika stated as he blocked Guren's attack. I could only stand there, wondering why Guren would try and kill me of all people.

"W-Why...why did Guren try to..."

"Move out of my way, vampire!" Guren snapped as he swung his sword at Mika, knocking him out of the way.

I stumbled backwards, only to be quickly pulled out of the way by Mayu. "He didn't hit you did he, Yuu-kun?" Mayu askdd, making sure I wasn't injured. I shook my head.

"What's going on?" Mitsuba asked as she watched both Mika and Guren fight each other. Mayu shook her head. "I don't know. All I can tell you is that there's something different about Guren. And it's not good..." She stated, her eyes narrowing.

"What do she mean by there's something different about him?! Did the vampires do something to him?!"

Mika continued to block Guren's attacks, but he couldn't repel them for long. "Hey, hey! Where's the strength you had in Shinjuku?" Guren asked as he swung his sword at Mika once again.

Before he could block the attack, Guren kicked in the stomach, sending him crashing right into Mayu and I.

"Ow...dammit!"

"It's like he's a completely different person.." Mayu stated as she sat up. "This isn't the Guren we know, Yuu-kun.."

"Guren. Let's start." Kureto ordered, catching Guren's attention. Guren nodded and looked down at his sword. "Drink the blood of a human, a demon, and a Progenitor" He commanded, causing the blade of his sword to turn red.

"What's going on with him?!"

I slowly stood up, wincing at the pain. "Oi, Guren! What's going on with you?!" I asked, catching his attention.

"This isn't like you!" Mayu shouted as she got up herself. "What are you doing?!" She asked, gripping her scythe tightly in her hands. Guren looked at her, his eyes not showing any type of emotion.

"Owari No Seraph."

My eyes widened in horror as Guren ran past us, cutting down not only vampires, but Demon Army soldiers as well.

"This...this isn't the Guren I know...he wouldn't do this...would he..?"

Mayu's eyes widened as well and she grabbed my arm, startling me. "Yuu-kun, look! The daggers!" She exclaimed as she pointed at them.

I watched as the daggers started to skewered the dead bodies of both the vampires and the Demon Army soldiers, draining the blood out of them.

Soon, the crate exploded, sending chunks of wood flying everywhere. I heard Mayu stifle a cry of pain as one of the huge splinters hit her in the leg.