Chapter 8: First Extermination

Mayu's P.O.V

"This is it." Shinoa said, causing me to look up. My eyes narrowed and I gripped my weapon tightly.

"This is it, Omotesando Station."

Shinoa turned and looked at all of us. "Honestly, you may be able to manage since you have the Black Demon Series, but if we're gonna do it, we might as well kill them all without a scratch. So, don't act arbitrarily." She said, looking mainly at Yuu.

"I won't. Killing them all without a scratch. I like that." Yuu said with a smirk. I chuckled. "I don't mind. Besides, these bastard need to be taught a lesson."

Shinoa smiled at us. "Let's go, then."
.
.
.

"Based on her information, there are seven vampires--more than us. So we're going to raid them now when they're likely to be sleeping. Don't break formation, protect each other, and don't get seperated." Shinoa stated as we walked through the station.

"That's..." Kimizuki started to say as I looked forward. There were at least a few dozen kids in this station, all wearing livestock clothing.

"These damn bastards..."

I clenched my fist as past memories came back to haunt me. I wanted to help these kids...I wanted to get them out of here so badly...but, I couldn't put my comrades in danger.

Mitsuba turned in the other direction, not taking not her look at these kids. "Lets go! We're going straight to floor B3 where the vampires are supposed to be."

We followed closely behind Mitsuba, passing a few more kids on the way. I saw a few of the kids give us frightened looks and a few glares, but I paid no mind.

"If the vampires aren't here, why won't they escape?" Kimizuki asked, taking a look at a couple of the kids. "Because it's crawling with monsters outside."

"They're getting protection from the vampires." Shinoa said. "In return for giving them blood?" Kimizuki asked, a look of both curiosity and sympathy on his face.

I nodded. "In a world like this...these kids only have one choice. Either give your blood to the vampires in exchange for protection, or, go live on the surface and get killed by the monsters that roam around." I said, gripping my weapon tightly.

"That's why we're going to save them." Mitsuba stated as we continued walking forward.

As we went farther and farther into the station, I grew anxious. We hadn't seen any vampires at all, and I knew something wasn't right.

"Konekomaru, do sense any vampires in the area? I need to know, something doesn't feel right."

After a little while, Konekomaru answered back. "I only sense one so far. Be cautious, it's in the area your about to approach. I'll let you know if I sense any more."

I nodded my head and went to alert the others, but I felt someone lightly put their hand on my shoulder.

"Remember what I said last time when you were fighting the vampires. If you ever find yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place, you need to use more power."

I soon felt the hand on my shoulder disappear, causing me to turn around. My eyes scanned the darkness, but there was no one there.

"Could that have been Konekomaru?"

I shook my head and got back on track. "Oi! All of you be careful. There's a vampire approaching in the area we're about to pass by. So stay alert." I whispered, catching their attention.