Chapter 9: Vampire Attack

Normal P.O.V

The faint sound of choppers could be heard in the distance, approaching Shinjuku's defensive barrier. As the choppers approached, the Japanese Imperial Demon Army already sent soldiers to take them out.

"Fire!" Their commander shouted as he gave the signal for them to attack. The soldiers fired their arrows, hitting two of the choppers, causing them to explode.

"Unit two, fire!" Their commander shouted, giving the signal. The second unit fired their arrows, hitting the last of the choppers. A couple of them crashed into buildings, sending pieces of rubble and chopper to go flying.

"Okay, everyone get prepared for the fourth wave!" Their commander said as the troops loaded their weapons. "We've already allowed the enemy aircraft to enter the southwest area! If they get through here, Shinjuku is done for!" He announced. "Do everything you can to stop them!"

The commander smirked. "Don't take he Demon Army lightly, damn vampires!" Suddenly, his eyes widened in shock and horror as a giant plane came flying towards them.

Lacus chuckled. "Here it comes!" He said, making the plane go faster. Rene looked behind him, making sure that all the explosives were in place.

Soon, the plane crashed through the defensive barrier, causing a huge explosion. The defensive barrier was now destroyed, allowing the vampires to take over Shinjuku.

Lacus and Rene emerged from the rubble, unharmed. "Pretty good, huh? Right on the dot!" Lacus said, feeling proud of himself. Rene just glared at him. "That's nothing to brag about. You were off by ten feet to the right." Lacus pouted. "You're so anal."

Soon after the crash, vampires started to pour through the broken barrier, searching for any survivors to prey on.
.
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

When we got there, we found all the soldiers running around, trying to find out where the vampires had broken through.

"Where are they?" One of the soldiers shouted, wanting answer, and fast. "Shinjuku's the second City of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army! How can we let vampires break inside?!" He mumbled.

Soon after, the sound of sirens blared in the distance, signaling that the vampires had broken through. I quickly listened to the P.A. system, blocking out as much background noise as I could.
.
.
.

"The vampire attack is still continuing. Civilians should quickly evacuate to the east defensive barrier immediately."
.
.
.

I stopped listening for a minute, catching more of the soldiers conversations. "Where are the Vampire Extermination Units?!" One of them asked. I shook my head and caught up with my squad, who ran up ahead of me.

"What's going on?" Yuu asked, turning towards Shinoa. "It's exactly what they said. The vampires are attacking--" She started to say, but a huge explosion cut her off.

"What the hell?!"

Soon, two choppers came into view, launching missiles at buildings nearby. They swerved around, catching sight of us.

"That's not good..."

One of the choppers fired a missile at the building we were at. We quickly jumped down to the next floor, taking cover from the explosion.

"Dammit, the is absolutely a war!" Kimizuki shouted. Mitsuba winced as a few rocks hit her arms and legs. "Just like what Lieutenant colonel Guren said. The vampires in the Kanto region plan to destroy the Japanese Imperial Demon Army."

I gritted my teeth. "This is insane!" I shouted as the choppers circled back around. Suddenly, one of the choppers blew up, causing my eyes to widen.