Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings

(A/N: This just an extra chapter that I wanted to add to the story. I'm finally done with this fanfic, I can't believe it took me five months just to complete this. :3

By the way, just a quick question. Should I write a book two? :3)
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"Ugh...my throat..feels so dry.."

"It burns.."

I sat up quickly and turned my pillow over, trying to get comfortable. No matter how hard I tried, it didn't work.

I couldn't sleep..

I curled into a ball, my body feeling like it was on fire. Was this how it felt for a vampire when they hadn't drank blood in a long time? Now I know how Mika felt. It felt like my insides were being twisted.

"Dammit..."

I gritted my teeth, my fangs itching like crazy. Trying to stay in control of my thirst, I bit into my pillow, sneezing as a few feathers tickled my nose.

"This sucks...it's like I can't even be around my friends without craving blood.."

Sighing, I sat up and wiped the tears of frustration out of my eyes. I looked at both Shinoa and Mitsuba, who were sleeping peacefully next to me.

"At least they're sleeping."

I looked over at my mother, who was also sleeping peacefully. She turned over, mumbling a bit. It kind of looked like she was dreaming.

My eyes widened as this sharp pain hit my chest, causing me to curl up in agony. I covered my ears, trying to block out the sounds of their heart beats, that threatened my self-control.

"I...I need to get...some air...I can't breath.."

Being as quiet as possible, I kept out of the room I was in, making sure not to wake my sleeping comrades.

I didn't want to accidentally put their lives in danger, I just...

I needed some space..
.
.
.

*Timeskip: an hour later*

I sighed, breathing in the cold night air. I listened to the sounds of the waves as they crashed on shore, starting to feel calm and at peace.

"This is what I needed..."

I smiled and pulled my knees to my chest, getting comfortable. It had already been four whole months since that huge battle in Nagoya. The Owari No Seraph experiment had been stopped, but who knows for how long.

Even though I knew I shouldn't, I had to check up on Guren now and then to make sure he was still alive and well. I just couldn't turn my back on him, he played such an important role in my life. He helped me become a strong person and taught me not to fall into the darkness. He was like a father to me, even though he could be a bit rude sometimes.

I couldn't stop thinking about my sister either. I was so worried about Krul that it was hard to sleep. I was happy that I had my mother and my comrades, but I just couldn't forget about her.

"Can't sleep, huh?"

I jumped and quickly turned around, meeting eyes with Mika. Sighing, I shook my head. "Nope. What about you?" I asked as he sat next to me. "Me neither. Ever since I became a vampire, sleep wasn't exactly necessary." He stated as he looked up at the sky.

The clouds parted, soon revealing the full moon. The light from the moon shined down, making it easier for me to see Mika. He looked so different with red eyes, it was still going to take awhile for me to get used to it.