Now You Know (Shawn Mendes)

"We can go to my room if you want, I've got a little patio that leads to the backyard," Shawn said and shrugged scratching his head.

I was in his house. I was in his house. How did I end up here? Oh right! Remind me to thank Ms. Fuentes for pairing me up with Shawn for our Spanish class project. Am I getting too excited? Maybe... But can you blame me? I never thought I would have to be so close to him; I was fine with small talk before class and the in-class assignments we had to do in groups, but now I have to deal with him on my own. Did I say excited? Scratch that, I'm dying of nervousness.

"Um... Chloe? Are you there?" He asked with a slight giggle that brought me out of my thoughts.

"Uh yeah! I'm fine--I mean I'm here, yeah," I giggled to ease the tension.

"Okay," he giggled again, "so... Where would you like to go to start with our project?" He asked looking at me.

"Anywhere is fine," I shrugged, "I don't mind."

"Alright then let's go to the patio!" He exclaimed smiling and shaking his head.

I followed him feeling like I had to pull my feet off the floor because there were magnets that attracted them and wouldn't let them go. We walked from the entrance towards the living room, and then we followed a hallway that led us to his room on the back. His door had a big guitar sticker, and a band's logo that I couldn't figure out since he opened the door before I could take a look at it. His room was spacious, and it was clean; there was his bed at the left side, in front of it there was a closet, next to the door his study desk, and a little black couch at the corner near the glass door at the back. There wasn't a lot of posters on the walls, just one of John Mayer, another with the lyrics of Say, and one of Ed Sheeran.

I looked at the wall in front of the study desk, and there was a set of hooks and sweaters hanging from them, and next to it there were the Harry Potter character's wands, I didn't know he liked Harry Potter; I thought I couldn't adore him more, but I was wrong.

I saw his guitar laying on the couch, "you play, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do," he smiled at me, "do you?"

"Oh, no, I tried learning but I had to drop out--"

"Why?" He asked before I could continue talking.

"The school was too far, and I would always arrive late at home," I shrugged, "I do play the drums though, my brother taught me."

"How long have you been playing?" He asked with a genuine interest, he even lay his back on the closet doors to look at me.

"My brother started teaching me when we lived in Chicago, that's where he learned how to... I was about nine years old," I looked at him and asked, "do you play anything else?"

"Yeah, I play the piano, and actually, I play the drums a little too," he half smiled and looked at my feet then back at my face.

"Really? That's cool!" I said, "you're like your own band," I joked.

He smiled widely and chuckled, "yeah, I just need to play the bass, and I could travel the world on my own."

I laughed, and he did too, when we stopped I saw him look outside of his room, I turned around and there was his mother.

"Hi!" She exclaimed with a slight question tone, "is this Chloe?" She asked Shawn.

I looked at him for a second, and he had moved away from the closet doors and looked a little bit serious, but his cheeks were a little bit redder.

"Mom!" He exclaimed, "yeah... Uh... This is Chloe," he was suddenly closer to me, "we-we'll be here in the patio."

"Good! Do you need anything, honey? Are you hungry?" She said looking at both of us.