Bus Stop Part 3 (Josh Hutcherson)

Mr. Simmons class has never been this long; I was dying in there, with my stomach roaring for food, and my mind screaming for a break. When the class ended I even dramatically leaned on my best friend's desk, and we both laughed about it. Mr. Simmons frowned at me, but then he just grabbed his things and left the classroom. Katherine and I walked out laughing even more, and we walked towards the cafeteria trying to stop laughing.

"Ava!" I heard Josh calling my name from down the hall.

I looked back and smiled. He approached running and greeted me with an air kiss that felt to close to be one.

"Hey, Katherine!" He greeted my friend.

She smiled at him and nodded her head, and I said, "I've never seen you around on a Tuesday, what are you doing?"

"I'm always on the other side of the building, but um... I came to tell you that I don't have to go pick you up, we can leave after my class."

"You have one now?" I asked.

"Yeah! Maybe you can come after your lunch and once I'm out we can go."

"Well, I... I thought I could have some time to change while I waited at home, but if you don't mind me wearing this--"

"Why would you say that? C'mon, Avalon!" He giggled, "you look-you always look amazing, I don't mind."

I blushed and said, "well, then um... I have to go print some things after lunch, it's near the café in front of my bus stop so maybe I can wait for you there?"

"Great! I'll see you there," he smiled and left waving goodbye at both of us.

"Avalon and Josh sitting on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love--"

"Are you seriously being this cheesy, Katherine?" I asked giggling.

"I had to!" She laughed, "you're seriously so lucky that your crush likes you back, that has never happened to anyone I know," she looked at me like she didn't believe it yet, and trust me I hadn't either.

We went for lunch at the cafeteria and sat with a couple of classmates and our friend Susan. She had aced the work I helped her work on, and now we were helping her make another. After lunch I went to print some visual aids I needed for my speech tomorrow, and once I finished, I walked to my bus stop to wait for Josh to pick me up.

I sat down and read some texts from my friends group chat, they were just a couple of memes and a reminder that Carol's birthday was on Saturday. I heard a motorcycle approaching and two beeps.

"Need a ride?" I looked up smiling at Josh.

"Is today surprise day or something?" I asked.

He giggled and said, "just hop on!"

I grabbed my backpack and approached him, "I didn't know you had a motorcycle, how would I just hop on?" I started to tease him.

"My brother came to visit, and he let me borrow it... I have a license, not a motorcycle yet, but I'm working on it," he smiled.

"I'll have to see it to believe it," I giggled, and when he was about to reach for his wallet, I just hopped on, "let's go!" I exclaimed.

"Helmet!" He exclaimed giving me the second helmet that was on his lap.

I put the helmet on and put my arms around him, and he drove away. It took us about twenty minutes to arrive at the movie theater, including the time we took to find a parking lot for the motorcycle. Once outside the theater, we were debating on whether watching Deepwater Horizon or The Girl on the Train while we were on the queue.