Chapter 1

[Tinypaw's POV]

Training day. Just great. I just had training in the Dark Forest and all I want to do now is have some rest. Great mentor I have. At least I got to train with Aquapaw today. That would make it better. I'm sad to say it but I actually like him better then Darkheart. He would kill Aquapaw and me if he knew though. I just had to keep it a secret.

"Hurry up Tinypaw! We are waiting on you!" My mentor, Lionsun, called to me. I got up slowly and pushed past her. I had the worst mentor of them all. She was so bossy with me!

We headed out to the training area. That must mean we are doing fighting today. I thought silently in my head. That was good since I was better at fighting then anything else. We pared up into group since our mentors wanted to see how we could battle. I was up against Leopardpaw. That should be easy.

"You ready little kit?" He taunted though I knew he didn't mean it.

"I should be asking you that." I laughed.

His face was full of shock then he quickly lunged at me. I dodged to the right and swiped my paw across his side. He cringed and looked back at her. I stayed where I was playing defense for now.

"Try attacking, Tinypaw!" Lionsun encouraged.

I growled slightly then looked to Leopardpaw to try to quickly figure out the best move. I quickly got an idea from his sloppy position and headed to his weaker side, the right. All his balance was to the left and as soon as he made all his balance go to his right I switched as quick as I could and ran my paw across his left flank. I then easily pushed him over while his weight helped. He fell down and I put a paw to his throat.

"Surrender?" I asked with a small chuckle. He looked like he didn't want to surrender but knew it was for the best.

"Fine. I surrender." He grumbled giving up. I smiled and took my paw off his throat. He got up and looked to me. "Great job." He smiled and went to sit by his mentor. I headed over to Lionsun hoping for approval.

"That was sloppy fighting. He could of beat you if he wanted to." She told me.

"Yea right. He couldn't beat me." I told her knowing my fighting was the best. If it wasn't Hawkstar and Darkheart would of corrected me.

"Yes he could have. Right when you switched you had too much weight on one side. He just needed to switch his weight again and you would of been beat." Lionsun snapped.

"I had just made him switch all his weigh to the other side. It would of been too quick for him to switch it again." I told her with a slight growl. I truly had the worse mentor ever in the history of mentoring.

------------------------

Sorry it took forever. I have been busy and had writers block for the longest time. I'm still not completely sure how this series will go but I'm going to try it. Also, I will be starting a new series one called 'The Reversed Curse' and the first book is called 'The Fallen One' it should be up in a week maybe. I'm not really sure since I want to keep ahead on that one so maybe in two weeks. Well anyways I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!