Chapter 2

[Leopardpaw's POV]

After I got beat by Tinypaw I sneaked away back to the camp to check on my two remaining kits. Sunkit had died suddenly after two days of being alive. Now I only had Ghostkit and Quietkit. I went into the nursery and saw the other two queens with their kits. Midnightstar had been taking care of my two kits and I was very thankful for that.

"Hello Midnightstar, Squirrelflame." I told them respectfully. The two queens smiled to me and Ghostkit and Quietkit came running to me.

"Leopardpaw! Come play with us!" Ghostkit purred to me. I licked his small little head and smiled.

"Sure, but only for a bit. I have to go back to training at sunhigh." I told them. They both nodded and went to show me to the other kits. They were all divided up on teams. A ball made of moss was in the middle.

"We are playing keep away. You are on our team." Quietkit purred softly to me.

"Alright." I nodded. I went with them to where some other kits were.

"Hey! That's no fair! You have an apprentice!" Witheredkit hissed. I shook my head to the bossy black tom.

"It doesn't matter. Most of you are older then my side and you have more kits." I told him trying to convince him.

"Fine, but no cheating." He hissed with his fur all spiked up. I chucked to myself.

"On my count." I said. "One, two, three." I paused then yowled "Go!"

All the kits raced to the ball of moss. Volekit ended up getting it and quickly ran toward the entrance of the nursery. I followed them with Ghostkit by my side. As we ran I heard him wheezing. I paused and looked down to him.

"Are you okay Ghostkit? Want to go see Creampaw?" I asked him quietly as the other kits played.

"No, I'm fine. I don't need to see her. I'm strong." He tried to convince me but I could see the pain in his voice.

"Come on. We are going to see Creampaw no matter what now. You are getting sick." I told him and grabbed his scruff. He was too weak to even struggle. I wanted to run but paced myself so I didn't accidentally trample any of the other kits.

I headed to the medicine cat den and stayed by the entrance waiting for Creampaw or her mentor to notice me. I flicked my tail against the wall of the den and Creampaw raised her head.

"Come on in." She spoke softly. Ghostkit wheezed more and I hurried inside to my sister. I place my tiny little kit by her and looked to her.

"He's been wheezing. Please tell me what's wrong with him." I begged her wanting to know why he was wheezing so much.

Creampaw did a quick check over Ghostkit. He wheezed a couple of times but tried to hold the others back so she could check him out. She then looked up to me with a grim look.

"He's infected with an illness I have no clue about. He will die though, I can tell you that. No matter what I do, he will die." She said softly. I choked a little. I was about to loose another one of my kits.

-------------------

I have inspiration again! Yay! I hope to get a lot of chapters done over spring break. So yea, I hope you liked the chapter and beg Shadow not to kill me please. Also leave a comment a vote please!