Chapter 13

[Sparklight's POV]

I looked over Bluesnow for a little trying to figure out how to help her. I had sent Creampaw out to help her father while he and his siblings were all worried. Midnightstar was even worried and I don't think they knew each other long. I tried my best but finally gave up and let out a deep and long sigh.

"Only StarClan can save you. I've tried all I know but they are the final judge." I said quietly pressing my muzzle to Bluesnow's starry fur. Then a bright light came and another starry cat came. I recognized him as Embercloud.

"No Sparklight. We may have told you and the past medicine cats that we are the final judge but we are not. We cannot do anything to help the living. We have barely been able to control ourselves like the Dark Forest warriors do and appear on the living world for a long period of time.

"No, there is still something bigger than StarClan that controls the living and the dead. I believe that once we pass again then we shall finally be deemed worthy to be apart of that but not till then.

"Until then, you and the rest of the medicine cats are our last hope. You are the ones that can change the fate of a cat. You have been here since the beginning learning herbs and treatments to heal your clanmates and keep them living, now use that knowledge and help the dead too because I can't stand to loose the love of my life for a second time." Embercloud spoke softly even though it seemed like his words were filled with anger. I nodded and dipped my head to him.

"Thank you Embercloud for sharing that knowledge to me. Am I allowed to share it with the others or should I just keep it to myself? Also, I shall do whatever I can to keep Bluesnow alive. I promise you that. She will live even if that means they take my life instead because I will sacrifice my life for her and the rest of my clan." I told him back as I search for more herbs trying to remember what will help.

"You are allowed to share it with my sister and your apprentice only. The other clans shall never know this secret unless the rest of StarClan wants to tell them.

"Sparklight, you are truly a gift sent from StarClan. I've never known any other cat that would sacrifice their life to save a clan mate, alive or dead. I hope you live a long and full life. Now, I must leave you. Remember, only Creampaw and Doveflame shall ever know this secret." Embercloud said then disappeared. I dipped my head once more before searching through the herbs.

"Creampaw! Go get more cobwebs and a few tree leaves! Make sure they aren't poisonous!" I hissed at her before remembering she was blind. "And take someone with you!" I yowled to her hoping she heard then went back to work on Bluesnow.

--------------

I'm wondering if I should kill Sparklight off or not. Creampaw would be a young medicine cat though.... Also, any clues about 'the greater power?' I would love to hear your ideas of this. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!