|Chapter 03: McCann Motors|

Isabella

All the while at school, North Valley High (Marble Valley is actually the north side of Greensville so the high school, South District High, in Downtown District, is in the south), the next day, the note plagued me.

Not only did the culprit of the note know where I resided, but it indubitably corresponded with the occurrences on the way back from the hotel last night. I had stuffed the note in my designer school bag for concealment.

"Are you alright?" my best friend, Lizzie queried.

With flaming ginger hair and dark brown eyes, she towered over me by about three inches. I was somewhat tall, but compared to Lizzie Hemmond, I will never be deemed tall. But even so, I had the clearest complexion. Lizzie had a beauty spot always enhanced by makeup, freckle-speckled nose and a few spots of acne on her forehead. Still, she was always drowning in charisma and confidence – even if she was a very prying eighteen-year-old and too curious for her own well-being.

"Hm?" I hummed, turning my head to her.

Lizzie raised a recently-waxed eyebrow. She leaned back against the locker next to mine. Just behind her, a group of hockey guys were strolling up the corridor, thinking they own the place. If the jocks were walking in the opposing direction, the hockey players would have some rivalry. They'd presumably cower away whilst the predators – the jocks – would be victorious in their battle.

"I've been speaking for the past ten minutes about my sister's blasted hair extensions and you haven't even glanced at me once and I know how much you hate hair extensions," she articulated. She flicked her short ginger hair over her shoulder. It was more of the last two inches going over her shoulder, candidly.

She's right. I do abhor hair extensions.

"I've just been a little preoccupied," I spoke before quickly adding, "you know, for the Math test. I've done minimal revision and my parents will skin me alive if I get lower than an A." I wasn't much for untruthfulness, but if it calls for it, I will be dishonest. It would be a little preposterous to just spill all the occurrences from last night to Lizzie. They weren't even that imperative right now.

Lizzie, still indecisive whether to believe me or not, nodded slowly. "Hm, right, okay. But you know you'll ace it. You're the smartest girl I've ever met, you know."

It's not much to do with smartness; it's more revising and being equipped for the tests. My memory was exceptionally comprehensive and thorough, but when I'm being put on the spot, my shortage of knowledge can leave me mortified from not cooperating with me.

Even through the Math test we had first lesson subsequent to form, I was relatively confident with it. Math was a strong point of mine, despite Textiles also being another subject which was I securely being graded A*'s with across the board. Math was no exception, however, despite being so divergent to Textiles.

Textiles was a rarity for a school to offer: Dad actually funded the money for it and started a petition. Other students who wanted to do Textiles got their parents to sign and even they offered money. This was an incredibly wealthy school occupied with students with rich parents willing to give anything and everything for their beloved children.

There was a zero policy on everything negative and the lockers and walls were devoid of vulgar sketches, too.

It only made you wonder what South District High was like. Of course, only a minority of students here in the school may have actually visited there. That school was shunned. There were lots of rumours corresponding to that school: bullying was a necessity and foreseeable, vulgar pictures lined the walls, and most of the students used profanities throughout lessons. It was the contradictory of North Valley High so it wasn't complex to decipher which was the better school.