|Chapter 42: The First Dealing|

Jason

Life without Isabella was... steady, to put it mildly.

I had been turning up to school a few times, working in McCann Motors, going shopping and staying at home. Life was becoming a routine and it made me miss being granted with the indulgence of being in Isabella's presence. She could spice anything up in a heartbeat. Instead, I was left with Alex and Sabrina – who, after being informed that Isabella and I were over by my loving brother, hadn't ceased contact with me or backed off.

And in fact, Sabrina was strolling up to me right now whilst I was working. Alex had also told her that our dad was going to be handing over the garage to us soon considering he didn't want to be associated with it anymore. Why, I had no idea seeing as it created such a good income for Alex and I.

Sabrina had her customary scarlet lips and black hair. She was wearing knee-length boots with a heel and hot pants. With her hair appearing to be somewhat scruffy, it just reached the top of her low-cut crop top. Next thing I knew, she was standing next to the Mustang I was working on whilst I was under the bonnet.

"Is there something you would like? I'm trying to work here, Sabrina." And yet, she was still getting on my nerves, even when she was silent.

"Why don't you take a break and spend it with me," she replied softly, purring her voice. She ran her long nail along my exposed back that was hunched over because I was busy working. "It's been a long time, Jason, and you're no longer tied down to Isabella."

"You say it like it's a bad thing I was ever tied down to someone. You should try it, you know. You might enjoy it."

Sabrina seemed rather indignant by my comment as she stomped her foot on the floor, the clink of her heel on concrete echoing throughout the garage. Alex had just taken his break and was going to the store to buy some food for us. This left Sabrina and I alone in the garage. Yet, I was turning down sex for professionalism which, a few months ago, I would definitely not have done. I guess Isabella did amend me in more momentous ways than one.

"Well, I have a message for you, anyway."

Sighing, I straightened myself up and looked at Sabrina, only a few inches shorter than me, despite her heels. "And what is the message?"

"You are to meet Jackson tonight at his hideout."

"How do you know anything about this?" I hissed at her.

Jackson had tried to get in contact with me a few times since Isabella had decided to call a termination on our relationship. At all costs, I had endeavoured to remain avoiding him and not to see him. But now with Sabrina as a messenger for him, I knew there would be no way to avoid him. His minions weren't all that clever, but Sabrina had delivered the message in person and she knew I was listening intently.

"He told me he needs you and the rich girl. But I told him you two were no longer together. I don't know whether he seemed sad or happy. But then he told me you were free to be with me."

Then she leaned up on her tiptoes, ready to kiss me and throw her arms around my neck. But I pushed her back by the tops of her arms and she fell back on her heels. Shocked by my rejection for anything sexual off her, Sabrina clamped her mouth shut. Her lips seemed a lot less full now I was at this proximity with her, and I could see where she had lined around her lips to make them appear fuller.

"I will never get back with you, Sabrina, even if you were the last female on earth. Even if Isabella doesn't want me, it doesn't mean I want you. Just go home and stop embarrassing yourself. Alex will be back in a minute."