Epilogue

Three Months Later
Isabella

"So you see, what makes my clothing uniquely mine – my unique selling point – would be that they're designer clothes but they're cheap and affordable to those living in The District as well," I announced, passing around more designs to everyone sat around the table.

Having had an interview about five months back for my work, they never took any further action or executed my designs, so I had to start again from scratch. Father managed to find another clothing company and here I am. Though still in Greensville, I had to start somewhere and this was the place I wanted to start. I'm eighteen and I have my whole life ahead, I don't need to rush off into the big city already.

However, I have ventured away from doing just female clothing. Jason wasn't particularly an impressionable guy, but I had my own ways of being exceedingly influential, so combined with his help and my inspiration, we have managed to begin a clothing line for men as well. Jason knew a thing or two about fashion, as it seemed, and with his assistance, together we'd do it.

"And you have a male clothing line?" prompted another man. "What's that called?"

"Well, this female line is called Pure Beauty and the male clothing line is called McCann."

"McCann?" a woman asked.

"My boyfriend has helped me with this line. His name is Jason McCann so we thought it would be fitting to just use his surname." I smiled.

The woman gasped, letting the image of a graphic tee fall onto the desk. "Jason McCann? He's from The District. Yes, I read that newspaper article of him saving the girl from The Valley. It all changed from that point onwards, didn't it?"

"I like the change," I said defiantly. "It's made the town a better place to live in, and the pier will be done soon. It won't be long until that'll add to the tourism in this town."

The woman smiled back at me. "I agree."

I've won her over, I thought as she picked up the image again, nodded down at it with a smile and passed it on.

"So on completion of both of these clothing lines," I began again, "they'll be put into certain stores in Greensville and depending on profit and how much demand there is, we can take it further."

"Precisely," said another man. "You know your stuff."

"So that's an agreement," another spoke up, letting his chair fall forwards after having it reclined. "All those in favour to agree and sign the contract for Pure Beauty and McCann?"

Everyone raised their hands, and I felt a shot of elation surge through my body. By now I was grinning broadly as everyone signed their names on the contract and passed it round the table. It finally got back to me and I signed it – as Father helped me write the contract, making sure I evaded loopholes and such.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you all," I said, shaking everyone's hands.

"We love the line," said the woman from before as everyone bid me a goodbye and departed, "and plus, your boyfriend is taking the garage further as well."

That was true. Jason got his results back from his exams and he had passed every subject. Though his grades differed from class to class, he managed to pass everything. Exceptionally proud of him, my family wanted to help Jason further whatever career choice he wanted – which excluded the clothing line at that point as I hadn't had the sudden brainwave to do it (though my parents were more than content and proud to help any way they could) – but the only choice he wanted was his garage with his brother, Alex.