Chapter 2: Smile

Luhan

biga naerigo eumagi heureumyeon nan dangsineul saenggakhaeyo

dangsini tteonasid- I fumble for my phone and manage to turn it off while still half asleep. A morning person is definitely not how I would describe myself. I smile when I hear my ringtone though. "Like Rain like Music", the song that got me in as an sm trainee. I smile and am about to doze off again.

" Yah Luhan, wake up!" My roommate jumps on my bed trying to wake me up. He still manages to keep laughing when I kick him off the bed. I hate mornings. Groggily I get up and pick out a clean shirt from my closet and a pair of gray denim jeans. My roommate is standing outside waiting for me.

" Ready Lu?" I look over at him and think about the long and strenuous day of dancing and singing that awaits me.

" We're playing football after right?"

We walk to the almost run down building where the sm trainees are honed and tested to perfection. A couple other guys who I normally play soccer with after training come and we go up a flight of stairs to the various studios.

" Hey pretty boy what do you have first?" He's joking but nonetheless I cringe at what the guy in the group calls me. Since he is my hyung I just bow.

" I have vocal training first." He looks dissapointed.

" I have dance." You both start talking about football and the recent match that Man united played in. I feel my tiredness instantly fade as we debate about which of our favorite teams are better. We reach a room with a big open door.

"We aren't done with this conversation Lu Han but I will see you later man." You fist bump and he runs into the room where music is already playing. Coincidentally they are practicing the choreography to the dance that you and a group of other trainees were practicing. The lyrics at the start were a bit strange at the start but in the middle is a solo that I can picture myself doing so well. Chogiwa danbeone neukkyeo Neol hanibe chijeu choreom jibeo noeul tteda. I cover my mouth careful not to laugh out loud. Just from looking at the trainees its clear to see which ones will make it and which ones wont. In the front is Jongin. With years of dance he has no problem following the moves. Behind him is a tall and very handsome man. He struggles with the moves but keeps at it. Next to the tall and anime looking guy is a tall and scary guy that resembles a panda. I think they are both from China as I heard them talking in the bathroom. Kris I know as he has many friends amongst the Chinese members but the other one im not sure of. Even though they aren't that good they keep at it working really hard.

Wolf starts again and someone catches my eye. He has a tall and slim silhouette. He dances quite well. Not graceful like Jongin but his own style. I'm mesmerized. Hes so handsome. He has beautiful white skin and sharp angled features. He dances like all the others. Like all the others dark circles shadow his eyes. He looks sad. Not from first glance of course. Maybe hes not sad at all. He seems distant from the other trainees though. My heart contracts and I feel like reaching out to the distant unreachable boy in front of me. dangsineul saenggakhaeyo. The boys straight face breaks into a happy boyish smile as he hears those lyrics. I cant help but break into a smile as well. I cant help but thinking that I want to be the one who makes him smile. The music stops and I am broken out of the trance. People start to come out of the studio and I hide behind the door.

"See you Jongin." I see the boy bow to Jongin. His voice is deep, like melted caramel.

" See you later Sehun." I hear footsteps coming toward the door and I run for the music room. Sehun Sehun Sehun. The name runs through my mind like a beautiful ballad or the patter of rain on a cold Friday night.

"Where have you been Luhan?" My roommate stares at my out of breath red face.

" I had things to take care of." We finally start doing the vocal exercises then. I wasn't that late. Practicing Wolf was interesting. Many of the trainees couldn't hit the notes. A guy named Jongdae killed the climax note and left us all awestruck. I didn't do to bad myself. It was 4 by the time we finished.

" Luhan you coming?" I was just about to leave when I remembered I had some things to collect.

" I've got some things to collect but see you for football." They all leave but I stay back. Going up to the vocal trainer I ask when they plan to make the final group for debut.

" About in a months time." I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about that. Coming to Korea wasn't easy on me or my parents. I couldn't just go back with nothing. I came to Korea to study originally. If I dont make it as a performer I cant go back home and disappoint my parents. Taking a deep breath I head out towards the door.In a burst of a yes i can feel I push the door open strongly.

" Ow!" I hear a thud and peak out to see none other than Sehun. He looks so cute on the floor rubbing his head. Not getting stuck staring at him I quickly rush to help him up.

" Hey sorry about that are you okay?" He looks up at me with his innocent eyes. He cant be older than me. He keeps looking up at me. Opening his mouth as if to say something he closes it shut and just nods. He looks shocked but I cant help but smile. I offer my hand and help him up. Hes a little shorter than me but not by much. Not knowing what compels me I ruffle his hair. I feel my cheeks heat up. His hair is so soft . I smile at him.

" See you around Sehun" As I walk the other way I have a smile plastered to my face. Things that make me happy; Football, and a handsome boy named Sehun