Chapter 7: Decided

Sehun
The next few weeks passed by ominously. The trainee halls were silent and dead as trainees practiced and practiced until dropping from exhaustion in the studios. Each trainee was focusing on what they were best at for the showcase. Lee Soo Man would make an appearance and give his personal opinions as well.  I replay the track once more and dance again to it. I'm so thankful to Jongin who has helped me throughout. Even if I don't make it I'm rooting for my hyung. Once more I practice until past midnight. In the process of taking a break I fall asleep on the floor.
" Sehun, Sehun wake up!" Im shaken awake and drowsily blink the sleepiness away. Luhan is in front of me looking cranky and still sleepy. His roommate is on the other side waking up Jongin. We all leave together to the auditorium. Taking our seats I start to feel nervous. Beside me I see Luhan shaking from nerves. He has a wide eyed look and is blinking a lot like he always does when nervous. I hesitate before taking his hand and intwining my fingers with his. In the current darkness I can't see his face but as I'm about to let go he clutches my hand tightly. We both sit together silently, knowing that everything has been leading up to this moment. Trainees go up one by one to perform. Jongin hyung goes up and I anticipate his performance anxiously. By far among the dancers so far he was the best. He looks frustrated with himself as he gets off stage.
" Hyung what's wrong?" He looks at me as if it's obvious.
" I messed it up Sehun." As he was performing I didn't even catch a mistake but knowing Jongin he is very hard on himself. I don't know how to reassure him so I stay quiet. He has his head down for a while after that. The only time he looks up is when Do Kyungsoo sings. I don't blame him as  Kyungsoo has an amazing voice.
" Lu Han." Giving my hand a final squeeze Luhan gets up, walking confidently up the steps to the stage. There is a moment of silence until the piano starts playing and Luhan starts singing. I exhale the breath I was holding. He really is amazing. His voice is clear, strong, and beautiful. He looks calm and collected on stage, closing his eyes and getting lost in the music. He really is perfect.
Before I know it its my turn as well. I quickly get up the stage and bow to the judges. The dance moves run through my mind and as the music starts I move with it. I have practiced this song so much that it just flows through me. All worry and preparation for this moment, and it ends as soon as it began . I bow once again and leave the stage. The only person I'm looking for I find quickly.
" Sehunie you did good!" Smiling at each other we fist bump. I shrug my shoulders playfully.
" Eh you were okay I guess." Laughing we make our way back to the dorms to catch up on lost sleep. Luhan grabs my hand giving it a squeeze and heads to his door, and I open the door to mine, my hand tingling with warmth.
Once again I wake up to someone shaking me awake. This time it's Jongin.
" Sehun cmon we have to see the results!" Rushing to put a shirt on I run after Jongin. There is a whole crowd around the notice board and we push through. I look through the list and panic for a moment when I don't see my name. Thankfully Jongin points out mine and his. This is amazing! We hug each other and jump up and down, relief flowing through us. I see Luhan on the other side with a smile on his face as well. Our eyes connect and we know that whatever happens next, we're in this together.