Chapter 3: No

Sehun
I have to see him again. I roam around the trainee halls frantically searching for him. Why have I never seen him around before?! Going up to Jongin I ask him hesitantly,
"Do you think you could maybe tell me the trainees names? Jongin looks like I just asked him to show me the key to the world. Seeing my hopeful and desperate expression, he reluctantly nods.

Jongin
I've never seen Sehun this awake in awhile. When he came up with that odd request he had an expression of hope and desperation on his face. We had a break so me and Sehun started walking around. Although I didn't know any of the trainees personally I made an effort to know my competition.
" Okay so that's Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun, I'm not sure about the tall guy beside him, that- Smack. Sehun clutches the back of his head cringing from where I hit him.
"Yah! What did you hit me in the head for!"
"The whole time I was pointing out people you were looking around somewhere else. If your looking for a specific person just say." I smirked as Sehun instantly became wide eyed and flustered. Laughing I ruffle his hair. I'm happy to see him alive, even if it is out of embarrassment. When we were first accepted his older brother had asked me to take care of Sehun. Even trying my hardest Sehun was always in his own world. I needed to help him find the person who made him like this.
" Aigoo Sehunnie the girls just started practicing if your searching for a girlfriend it's gonna be hard." I tease him and he starts laughing to my surprise.
" Hyunngg jebal just keep telling me their names." He starts pouting unconsciously. Cute. I punch him in the arm and he gasps in surprise. Smirking I say,
"Let's keep looking."
40 minutes later and no results. Giving up and exhausted Sehun and I sit down in the cafeteria. Poor Sehun has a defeated look on his face. In the distance I see the tall guy from before who is always smiling and energetic, talking to an annoyed looking trainee. This trainee is really small with big round owl like eyes, but looks like he could definitely pack a punch. R.I.P to the grinning trainee, whoever he is. I feel a tap on my shoulder. Another trainee, I forgot his name, who occasionally asks me for dance tips is standing in front of me.
" Hey Kai! Me and Luhan were gonna go play football since practice is cancelled for today, you wanna come?" I don't have time for that.
"Uhh that would be cool but I'm actually doing something with Sehun at the moment. Uh Sehun?" I see my dongsaeng staring at something with his jaw open. Following his gaze I see Luhan who is currently looking down at his phone, singing to whatever he's listening to. The other trainee nudges Luhan and he finally looks up. He looks at us and smiles brightly.
"So do you wanna come Kai?" Normally I would decline so I do so this time as well.
" No thanks guys, maybe next time. Luhan nod and looks straight at Sehun with more than usual sparkling eyes.
"What about you?" Sehun looks at him with an immediate straight face. I know him enough to tell that it's his default. With a straight almost dead tone he looks away from Luhan.
" No." He quickly gets up and walks away, leaving me, and Luhan behind.