Chapter 23: Turn for the better

D.O
Flashback
" psst hyung, we are kidnapping you- is that okay?" I wake up to see a student who I used to help out sometimes.
" What are you doing here?" He looks pleadingly at me.
" We want you to come back, please please pretty please!"
" shhh you will wake him!" I look to Kai but he sleeps on.
" Hyung I won't leave until you come! I will- I will use force!" The kid says that but doesn't move. I shake my head and sigh. It's better that I just get this over with quickly.
" Okay let's go, just today ok?" He looks sheepish but quickly nods.
Later that night I was still sleepy so I fell asleep in the infirmary

Flashback ends

What in the world is going on!?! I am utterly confused at the scene in front of me. The clash of pots, flour in the air, frantic yelling and high tensions. This is none other than a brawl to the death. The cooking club is flawless as ever. Smooth and elegant movements, high technique chopping, and unique blends of spice. Their multiple hands and limbs work well, like a fine oiled machine. Nothing less is expected of them. My team mates on the other hand...
" how do I use this!"
" Chanyeol I already put salt!"
" why is it on fire!"
It was utter chaos. They were all running around like headless chickens. It was an eye sore to witness.
" 20 minutes left on the clock!" Chanyeol sinks down to his knees.
" Howwww!?!" There is a sudden urgency now. The shift in exok is incredible. They all focus and start to actually communicate with other. All barriers are removed and they start to work as one machine. They maybe rusty, but nonetheless they are one. Stepping up Suho takes charge.
" Baekh cut vegetables"
Chanyeol clean the meat"
" Sehun get the pot ready!"  It is all rushed and I start biting my nails out of nervousness.
"5!4!3!2!1 !"
They all step away. Baekhyun leans on Sehun.
" Who knew cooking could be this intense." The cooking club is smirking at them. The first dish tried is theirs. They made high class sushi. They all try it and by the looks on their faces it turned out amazing. Next up is exo. They still have their dish in the pot. It is green and is bubbling a bit weirdly.
" Shall we humor you by tasting your dish?" Laughing the other team gathers around to try exos dish. They taste but something odd is happening. The look that passes over their faces is as if their souls have abandoned them. Their is an audible rumble from their stomachs.
" Move!" The leader pushes Suho and runs out, the members follow. Seeing a chance to escape exo k starts running as well. When Chanyeol sees me his eyes light up.
"D.O!!" Before I even know what's happening he grabs and throws me over his shoulder.
" Kai cmon!" We all rush out the doors and past the sleeping security, making it to a car.

Kai pov
We did it! Hyung is back and I'm happier than ever. We all chat and laugh the whole ride.
" Did you see their faces, they seriously looked constipated." We all laugh at Baekhyuns imitation. Even Chanyeols sister laughs. It was a relief really that she waited for us. Coming here there was so much awkwardness. Now it's as if a barrier has been lifted. We are all much closer together. In a way D.O brought us together. There's just something about him that makes exok feel a bit more like home.
When we reach the dorms we all get out to stretch.
" Yah Yeol come here!" Dara beckons Chanyeol as if she's gonna whisper something in his ear. Once he's close enough she smacks him.
" Never again okay!" With that she drives away and we all try not to laugh. Kicking of our shoes we all head to our rooms. Chanyeol is have trouble with his shoes.
" Here let me." Baekhyun bends down and helps Chanyeol. He seems really flustered with Baekhs actions. Baekhyun hyung doesn't though. They all head to their rooms and I do the same. When I get to the room my cheeks heat a bit. D.O takes his shirt off and heads to the closet to look for another. His back is white and smooth. Rather than being toned it has a delicate look to it. He's rummaging through his closet looking for something specific. I suddenly remember that he likes to wear a certain shirt to bed. I Know I washed it this morning.. Spotting the black t shirt I take it and head towards D.O.
" Here." D.O turns around to see me holding his shirt. He looks away and murmurs,
" How'd you know I was looking for it?" At this moment it dawned on me that I might have been a bit too observant.
" Lucky guess." He looks like he doesn't believe me but gives me a warm smile. I can't believe I thought different of him before . D.O is all warmness. He holds me captivated without trying. Slowly I lean into him and caress his soft cheek. Oh how I want to close the gap. I want his big beautiful eyes to close with a smile if ever our lips were to meet. I could... but at the same time now isn't the time. Instead I speak the words I hold in my heart.
" I'm glad your back."  His face is red. We both break away with a smile and head to bed. So many thoughts race through my mind. It feels like I might not get sleep tonight but I'm okay with that. I would stay awake for days like this, as long as it's his face and voice that runs through my mind, keeping me company.