Chapter 4

"You can stay in my room, Eydis." Hiccup said, as they walked up to his house.
"Oh I don't have t-"

"You are and that's that. No arguing."

Eydis sighed, "Fine. Since you've made up your mind."
Hiccup smiled and opened the door, "Hey Dad. I want you to meet someone."
"Welcome home, son! Who is it you'd like me to meet?" Eydis watched as Stoick the Vast walked over and stood in front of her. He was smiling at her, hands on his hips.
"Dad, this is Eydis."
"Nice to meet you, Eydis."
"Eydis, this is my dad. Stoick the Vast."
" I- uh-" Eydis stammered, "Nice to meet you, too," She said, clearly embarrassed. Stoick laughed, sending a hearty sound throughout the house. "I get that a lot." Stoick said. "Y-you do?" Eydis felt a little less embarrassed.
"Yes. I do." Stoick smiled.
"Uh, alright, well, dad we are gonna get her settled in my room. So we'll see you later," Hiccup said, eager to continue.
"Alright, son. I've got chief duties to do, so I'll be out."

Hiccup dragged Eydis upstairs and pushed her in his room. "Woah, why so pushy?" Eydis asked. "Ah, sorry. It's just I really wanted to show you something," Hiccup said, getting something out of the chest by his bed.
"Show me what?" Eydis asked, stepping closer. "This," Hiccup replied, handing Eydis a cylinder like thing with an open dragons mouth on one end. It was small enough to fit into a pocket.
"What is it?" She asked.
Hiccup smiled, "Let me show you." He took it back from Eydis and pushed a button on it, which opened a wire-like blade thing. He pushed another button and the whole blade lit on fire! "Wow!" Eydis gasped, "Did you make this yourself?" Hiccup smiled and closed it, "Yeah! It took me so long to make it." Eydis looked at Hiccup and smiled.
"Anyways, I'll leave so you can get some rest. What are you going to do tomorrow?" He asked. "Oh, uh, I have someone I need to go see tomorrow. I'll be leaving in the morning," Eydis replied. "Oh. Alright." Hiccup said, putting his sword away. He sounded slightly disappointed. "Well, goodnight, sleep well," He said before he stepped out and closed the door behind him. Eydis fell on the bed and sighed.

"Hey Hiccup," Eydis said when she walked downstairs the next morning. Hiccup was on the floor with Toothless. They were playing around. "Oh! Hi Eydis," he said, quickly getting up off the ground. Eydis giggled when she noticed Hiccup blushing. "So, when will you be leaving?" Hiccup said.
"Soon, after I resupply. By the way, do you happen to have any fish that I can feed StarSong?" Eydis asked, patting Toothless' head.
"Follow me, I'll show you where we get our fish," Hiccup went out, Toothless following him. Eydis followed him too. When she was outside, she whistled. StarSong came flying out of no where, landing next to Eydis, and she climbed up onto her. Hiccup was already on Toothless. "Ready?" He asked.
"Yep. Let's go."

"It's sad to see you leaving so soon," Fishlegs said to Eydis. "I'm sorry. But I need to go," Eydis said. "I'll see later. It was nice hanging out with another girl," Eydis smiled at Astrid, who just gave a slight nod in return. Next was Hiccup.

"I'm sorry to see you go," Hiccup said.
"I'm sorry I have to go."

They stood in silence for a moment.
Eydis shuffled and said, avoiding Hiccup's eyes, "Even though it hasn't been that long I feel like I've known you forever."
"I feel the same way, actually," Eydis looked at him and smiled. "I guess I'll see you... Hopefully sometime soon," Hiccup smiled back at her and nodded. Eydis climbed up on StarSong, and took off. She waved.

"See you later."