Chapter 37

"So Raynor,what do you say?" Hiccup asked Raynor. Raynor smiled, "I'm ready." Hiccup smiled too, "Alright. Let's get you a dragon." Hiccup,Raynor,and the gang headed over to the Dragon Academy. "What would you like? A Deadly Nadder? Or maybe a Monsterous Nightmare?" Hiccup asked. "I'm thinkin' he's more of a... Thunderdrum kinda guy." Ruffnut said. "I agree. A Thunderdrum is perfect." Tuffnut agreed. Raynor laughed, "Alright. A Thunderdrum it is." He said. "Right this way." Hiccup said. Hiccup lead Raynor to a bunch of Thunderdrums. "Go ahead and pick one." He said. Raynor looked around at the dragons. "How about...this one." He said,walking up to a dark blue and dark green Thunderdrum. "If that's the one you want,c'mon and we'll show you how to ride." Hiccup smiled,then lead the Thunderdrum that Raynor picked out into the Academy. "Alright,first,you have to earn his trust." Hiccup said. "How do I do that?" Raynor asked. "Show him you're not a threat,by dropping any weapons,and letting him smell your hand." Hiccup told him. Raynor took his sword out and threw it a few feet away,keeping an eye on the Thunderdrum. He then slowly walked up the dragon,and slowly,and gently put a hand on his snout. "There ya go! Now,for the fun part." Hiccup said,getting on Toothless. Raynor glanced at Hiccup,then said, "You mean that wasn't fun?" Hiccup laughed,as Raynor climbed onto his new dragon. "So,what are you gonna call him?" Fishlegs asked. "Hmm.... How about...SeaStriker." Raynor answered with a smile. "Wow,cool name." Tuff said. "Yeah,awesome." Ruff said. "Nice choice." Astrid said, "But now,you get to learn to ride." She said,with a smile. "Alright. I'm ready." Raynor said. "This is going to be fun." Hiccup said, "First in flying,is to become one with your dragon..."

*Meanwhile,with Eydis and Arvid,on Arvid's ship*

"Remove her chains." Arvid told a guard on his ship,once they were out of view from Dagur. "Eydis is not a prisoner. She is one of us now." He smirked. Eydis sighed,as the guard took the chains off. "Why me?" She asked quietly. "I chose you,because you are talented,smart,and a great leader. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want you." Arvid answered. Eydis stared at the floor. "Oh yes." Arvid said,after a guard had given him something. "Here's a replacement staff." Arvid said,handing Eydis a new staff,but with her initials carved in it. "Wow. Thank you." She said as she took it,admiring it's beauty. "You're welcome." Arvid said. "You must be weary. Come. You must rest." He said,leading Eydis to a place to rest for a little while. "Again,thank you." Eydis said. "Again,you're welcome." Arvid said as he left. Eydis didn't rest, though. She sat against a wall and tried to think of a way out. But without her dragon,she couldn't do anything. Eydis sighed,
"Where's Hiccup when I need him?"

*Meanwhile,with Hiccup,Raynor,and the twins*

"Having trouble?" Tuff asked,laughing at Raynor,who was somehow hanging upside down on his new dragon. "No,None at all,why do you ask?" Raynor joked. "I'm thinking I need more practice." He said,climbing up right on SeaStriker. "Ya think?" Ruff asked as she laughed along side Tuff.
"Hiccup!" Fishlegs yelled as he flew up to Hiccup and Toothless on Meatlug. "Fishlegs! What's wrong?" Hiccup asked. "We just got a Terrible Terror mail from Heather," Fishlegs said, "and it's not good."
"What is it? Is it Eydis?" Hiccup asked. "I'm afraid so." Fishlegs said. "Fishlegs! What. Happened?" Hiccup asked. "Heather said that Arvid took Eydis and already started on his way back to Stiker." Fishlegs explained. "C'mon. We need to hurry then. We need to reach them before they get back to Stiker. Ruff,Tuff,you guys go get Astrid and Snotlout. Meanwhile,we need to gather supplies. C'mon!" Hiccup instructed. Toothless flew back down to earth,as well as everyone else. The twins raced off to find Astrid and Snotlout,while Fishlegs,Hiccup,and Raynor got supplies. "So,Hiccup,do you even know where Stiker is?" Raynor asked Hiccup. "Heather gave me a map." Hiccup answered. "Alright. So,why do you need me,anyway?" Raynor asked. "Raynor,we need as many riders that we can get. We don't know Arvid. We don't know how dangerous he actually is. So the more riders,the better." Hiccup replied. Raynor sighed, "Hiccup,I really hope Eydis is okay." He said. Hiccup stopped,and looked at Raynor, "Me too,Raynor."