Chapter 27

"A little to the left. No,MY left." Astrid told Eydis,as Eydis stood on StarSong's back,trying to hang up a shield for the upcoming celebration. "Alright. I still don't see why dad has to throw some huge village celebration,just cause I came back." Eydis said,holding the shield as StormFly shot a spine shot to hold it in place. "Eydis,wouldn't you throw a celebration if you lost a child then they came back after 19 years?" Astrid asked. "I don't know,I never had a child." Eydis smirked,jumping off StarSong. Astrid laughed, "If you did have a kid,though,wouldn't you?"
"Point taken." Eydis said,getting another shield.
Hiccup and Raynor stood by a wall,watching Astrid and Eydis as they decorated.
"I can see how much your sister is like you." Raynor said to Hiccup. "When I first met her,we couldn't tell that she was like me in any way." Hiccup said.
"Wow. You certainly have an interesting family." Raynor said,crossing his arms,and watching Eydis. He smiled. Hiccup glanced at Raynor. "What do you think of Eydis,Raynor?" Hiccup asked,looking back at the girls,who were hanging up another shield. "Where do I start?" Raynor said, "She's beautiful,talented,smart. The list goes on."
"Hiccup! Can you help with this?" Eydis asked,struggling with multuple shields,while balancing on StarSong's back.
"Why don't you just put the shields down?" Hiccup laughed as Eydis glared at him as he walked over.
"The decorations are looking great!" Stoick smiled,walking into the great hall. "Thanks,dad!" Eydis smiled. "So,when is this party,anyway?" Hiccup asked,taking a couple shields from Eydis. "Tommorow," Stoick answered, "Speaking of which,I asked the twins to tell everyone. Have you seen them lately?"
"No,they haven't been here. And to be completely honest with you,dad,that probably wasn't a very good idea." Hiccup said. Stoick sighed, "I suppose you're right,son. I'll go find them." He said,leaving the great hall.
"Auuuug..." Snotlout wondered in the great hall,groaning. "Snotlout? What's wrong?"
"The twins. Need I say more?" Snotlout sighed. Eydis and Hiccup glanced at each other and laughed. "Which ones?" Eydis asked,laughing. Snotlout looked at Hiccup,then Eydis,then Hiccup again. "Oh,right. I mean Ruff and Tuff. Not...you guys." Snotlout said. "What did they do? They didn't happen to be telling people about the party tommorow,were they?" Hiccup asked. "More like the opposite. Sneaking around,pranking people,AND dragons." Snotlout said. Hiccup and Eydis sighed. "Why don't you go tell Stoick where they are? He was looking for them." Astrid said,walking up to Hiccup,Eydis,and Snotlout. "Aug,fine." Snotlout said,leaving the great hall.
"Eydis, do you like Raynor?" Hiccup asked randomly. "Uh...I uh..." Eydis blushed. Hiccup smiled, "It's alright,Eydis." He said teasingly,only to make Eydis blush more. "I..." Eydis sighed, "I think I do."
Astrid went over and started talking to Raynor,leaving Eydis and Hiccup alone. "When we were 15 I liked Astrid. But then again,who didn't?" Hiccup laughed, "Anyway,after I had trained Toothless and took her on a ride,I think that's when she started liking me. She refuses to admit it,though." Eydis smiled.
"Hey,Eydis?" Raynor said,walking over to Eydis and Hiccup,with Astrid,who was smiling,closely behind.
"Yeah?
"Would you come with me? For a walk?" Raynor asked.
"Uh..." Eydis looked at Astrid,who said, "Go ahead. I'll finish up here." She smirked. Eydis smiled, "Okay! Thanks,Astrid." She looked at Raynor,and together they walked out of the great hall.
"I wonder where they're going." Hiccup said,watching them leave. Astrid smirked, "I may have talked Raynor into taking her out." Hiccup looked at Astrid, "You told him to take her out?" He asked. Astrid smiled, "Yep. And I think something...special,is gonna happen tonight."

*Meanwhile,with Eydis and Raynor*

They walked in silence,until they reached the woods. "Eydis,there's something I need to tell you." Raynor said,watching the ground as he walked beside Eydis. "What is it? Nothing's wrong,is there?" Eydis looked at Raynor,who was still looking at the ground. "Oh,no! Nothing's wrong." He said,glancing at Eydis,then back to the ground. "Then what is it?" Eydis asked,stopping in front of a small stream. The moon was full and it shown down on Eydis and Raynor as they stood watching the water. "Eydis,I..." Raynor took a deep breath and looked at Eydis, "Eydis,I like you. A lot,in fact." Raynor looked back at the stream,and blushed. Eydis smiled. "You,you're beautiful,talented,smart," Raynor looked at Eydis and smiled, "Eydis,since I've met you,I have been... happier," Raynor continued, "You-I-Um..." Eydis laughed at Raynor getting tounge-tied. She looked at him and smiled,her brown eyes shining in the moonlight. Raynor stopped talking and just looked at Eydis. He smiled,and leaned into her closer. "Raynor,I... You're lucky." She giggled, "You're lucky that I feel the same way." She said,as she leaned in and Raynor closed the gap between him and Eydis,and kissed her.