Chapter 41

"She's been like that all day," Astrid said to Hiccup,who was watching Eydis sit silently on the beach of Berk. "Should we talk to her?" Astrid asked. "No." Hiccup sighed. "She needs to be alone right now." Astrid looked over at Eydis. "Alright." She said. "Oh right,Fishlegs wanted me to tell you, He and Snotlout were going out to the woods. I don't know why,though." 

"Okay." Hiccup answered. "I wish there was some way we could help her." He said. "So do I. Though probably the best thing right now is let her be. And if she needs help,we'll be right here waiting for her." Astrid said. "Yeah,you're right." Hiccup said,as Astrid smiled. "The only 'right' thing now is you getting right over to the armory. You've got work to do." Astrid said,shoving Hiccup playfully. "Yeah,I'm going." Hiccup said,as he smiled.

*With Snotlout and Fishlegs*

"Snotlout,you realize you're doing something nice for someone by doing this,right?" Fishlegs asked,as he and Snotlout walked through the woods. "Yeah,yeah,I know." Snotlout said. "Do you think Eydis will appreciate us doing this?" Fishlegs shrugged, "I don't know. Hopefully she does." He said. "So,what kind dragon would Eydis want,anyway?" Snotlout asked. "I don't know. Don't you think we should tell Hiccup,though?" Fishlegs asked. "Remember what happened last time Hiccup knew about what we were doing about the Catastrophic Quaken?" Snotlout asked. "Yeah." Fishlegs said. "See? That's why we can't tell Hiccup." Snotlout said.
"But-"
"No. We aren't telling Hiccup we're finding a new dragon for Eydis. End of subject." Snotlout said. Fishlegs sighed.

*Meanwhile,with Eydis*

'Maybe someday,something wouldn't always go wrong.: Eydis wrote in her journal. 'I think,since I can't ride StarSong,Then I can't ride any dragon. Now,if you don't mind,I'm going to go lie down for a few...weeks.' Eydis set her journal down next to her,still open. "I wish." She whispered to herself as she slouched against a boulder. Eydis sighed,as she fell asleep on the beach of Berk.
A few minutes later,Tuffnut came walking along,and upon seeing a sleeping Eydis,he crept by slowly
Until he saw her open journal. "Oh,what have we here?" He asked himself,as he picked it up. He read Eydis' journal,the page thay it was open on.
''Since I can't ride StarSong,Then I can't ride any dragon. Now,if you don't mind,I think I'm going to go lie day for a few...weeks.'
Tuff gasped. "I have to show Hiccup! This is exactly like me! I lie down for weeks at a time!" Tuff said,as he ran off to show Hiccup Eydis' journal.

*Meanwhile,with Hiccup and Astrid*

"So,then what?" Astrid asked Hiccup,after they planned out what to do about the food thay had gone missing seemingly over night. Before Hiccup could answer,Tuff came running up to Hiccup and Astrid,nearly plowing then over. "Tuff? What are you doing? What's wrong?" Hiccup asked. "It's... It's..." Tuff collapsed on the ground,tired from running. "I'll talk in a minute."

*A few minues later*

"Alright,Tuff. What is it?" Astrid asked. "It's this." Tuff replied,handing Astrid Eydis' journal.
"Uh,Hiccup? You might want to look at this." Astrid said,after reading the page.
"Maybe someday,something wouldn't always go wrong. I think,Since I can't ride StarSong,Then I can't ride...at all..." Hiccup read aloud. "She doesn't want to ride anymore."
"Wait,what? That's not what I read. All I read was that she was gonna lie down for a few weeks." Tuff said. Astrid stared at him,then sighed. "But worse,she doesn't wanna ride any dragon anymore!?" Tuff gasped. Hiccup sighed, "I'm afraid so,Tuffnut."

*With Fishlegs and Snotlout*

"Hmm..." Fishlegs muttered,as he and Snotlout walked through the woods. Snotlout sighed, "We are getting no where with this. Why don't we just head back to Berk and-"

"♪ Whatever you're facing. If your heart is breaking. There's a promise for the ones who just hold on ♪"

Fishlegs and Snotlout heard a beautiful voice singing somewhere near by. "Snotlout,did you hear that?" Fishlegs asked. "Yeah," Snotlout replied, "Who was that?" Fishlegs looked around. "I don't know." He said. "Let's follow it." They followed the singing until they reached the edge of a small clearing. 

"♪ Lift up your eyes and see, the sun is rising. ♪"

Snotlout and Fishlegs looked upon a girl,with long blonde hair,with a tint of red in it,a red metal shirt,a red yak-skin skirt,dark blue leggings,and dark brown fur boots,standing by a fire,singing with a beautiful voice. "Wow." Snotlout whispered. "Who is she,and what is she doing in the woods of Berk?" He asked. "I don't know. Why don't you ask her,Snotlout?" Fishlegs said,still looking at the girl. "Alright. I will. Because Fishlegs is a little baby,too scared to talk to a stranger." Snotlout laughed,as he started walking into the clearing,then immediately turned around back to Fishlegs. "Oh,now who's the baby,Snotlout?" Fishlegs asked,as laughed at Snotlout. Pulling Snotlout with him,he walked into the clearing.

"Uh,Excuse me." He said. Startled,the girl whipped around. "W-who are you?" She asked. "I'm Fishlegs." He said,smiling. Snotlout was staring into her beautiful brown eyes. "This is Snotlout." Fishlegs gestured towards Snotlout. "I can introduce myself,ya know." Snotlout said,annoyed. The girl smiled slightly. "My name is Sloan." She said. Fishlegs smiled again. "Nice to meet you,Sloan. What are you doing here in the woods of Berk?" He asked. "Oh,so this is Berk?" She asked, "Wait,isn't this where Hiccup,the great dragon conqueror, lives?" Fishlegs and Snotlout exchanged glances. "Yeah. Only he's not as great as you think." Snotlout said. "Oh? Why is that?" Sloan asked. "He's annoying,bossy,dragon-know-it-all. Shall I go on?" Fishlegs sighed. "He isn't. You're just jealous of him." He said. "Am not." Snotlout said,looking away,and crossing his arms. "Uh huh." Fishlegs said. "Anyway,would you like to come back to Berk with us,Sloan?" He asked. Sloan smiled slightly. "Yeah,sure." She said. "Sounds great." Snotlout walked up to Sloan. "I'll lead you there." He smirked. "Uh..." Sloan muttered. "Snotlout." Fishlegs said. "Ugh,fine." Snotlout said,walking back over to Fishlegs. "C'mon. We'll show you the way." Fishlegs smiled,looking at Sloan. "Oh,alright." Sloan said,not returning the smile,but glancing at Snotlout,as he walked in to the forest out of the clearing. Fishlegs looked at Sloan and said, "You're gonna love it."