Chapter 9

Hiccup and the gang were flying through the sky.
"Okay Bud. Faster. We have to find Eydis before Dagur hurts her," Hiccup told Toothless, "If you see Dagur's ship, say something! Unlike what the twins did last time!"

*Flashback to Last Time*

"Tuff, do you see that?" Ruff asked her brother. "See what? I don't see anything but clouds," Tuff answered.
"That's cause you're looking up, mutton-head. Look down!"
"Oh that's much better! Ruff! Look! Dagur's ship! Let's go!" Tuff said.
"Uhh, shouldn't we get Hiccup first?" Ruff asked. "Oh yeah. You're right. Hey, where is everyone?" Tuff looked around for everyone. "They were just here!" Ruff said. "Oh well. Let's go without 'em," Tuff said.
"Good idea!"
The twins flew down and hooks got shot at them. "Hey watch it!" Ruff yelled. "Ruff, they're trying to capture us. They're not gonna watch it."
"Oh right."

*End Flashback*

"Yeah, it would be best if everyone went instead of just one person. The twins got caught last time," Snotlout said.
"Hey! It's not our fault you guys lost us!" Ruff said. "Ugh," Astrid sighed, "How many times did we say not to go alone?"
Ruff thought for a second. "I dunno, I lost count."
"Me too!" Tuff said. "You guys are such mutton-heads," Astrid said, flying faster on StormFly. "Guys, look! There's Dagur's ship!" Hiccup said.
"Remember the plan?" Everyone nodded their heads.
"One question, though! What do we do if Eydis doesn't want to come?" Fishlegs asked.
"We leave," Hiccup answered.,"Now c'mon! Toothless dive and plasma blast!"

*Meanwhile, In The Captain's Quarters of The Ship*

"So, what do we do then?" Eydis asked Dagur,who just told her they're gonna get the ships and leave without paying. "We the-"
"Dragon Riders!!!"
The ship rocked violently.
"Haha yes! Hiccup and his pals are here! Time to get me a Night Fury!" Dagur said, leaving the quarters. Eydis followed to see chaos on board, people running about everywhere, arrows and hooks flying, dragons fire, dragons flying through everywhere. "

Look! There she is!" Hiccup yelled, pointing to Eydis. She looked up at Hiccup on Toothless.
"Oh no." She muttered.
"I will have that Night Fury, brother!" Dagur yelled at Hiccup.
Hiccup flew in, Toothless picked up Eydis, flying out of range of the ships.
"Hiccup!! Put me down!" Eydis yelled. "Hold your fire on the night fury! It has Eydis! And out of range!" Dagur yelled, "But shoot everyone else!"

"Eydis, I won't put you down. Not yet. You have to tell me why you are with Dagur," Hiccup told her.
"I told you already! Put me down!" Eydis screamed.
"Eydis! You don't understand!"
"No, Hiccup, YOU don't understand!"
"Eydis, Dagur is the bad guy! Not us! Dagur has killed a lot of people! He burned down villages, Eydis! He killed his own father!"
Eydis was quiet for a split second.
"Sure, says the person who just picked me up and flew off with me! I don't believe you! You're just trying to make me come back with you! It's not working! Put me down! Right now!!"
"Fine! But when Dagur does something horrible to you, don't say we didn't warn you!" Hiccup yelled, swooping down and putting Eydis back on the ship.
"Retreat, guys! Let's go!"

"Eydis! Are you alright? What was he doing?" Dagur ran over to Eydis. Eydis took a deep breath. "He wanted me to go back with him," She said, stern-faced, as she walked down into the bottom of the ship.

*Meanwhile, with Hiccup and the gang*

"Why wouldn't she come?" Astrid asked, watching Eydis disappear in the ship.
"She doesn't think Dagur is the bad guy. She wouldn't believe me when I told her what he did," Hiccup replied.
"She's pretty stubborn, isn't she? I like that," Snotlout said.
"But her stubbornness might get her hurt, or worse, killed," Fishlegs said.
"She's probably just playing hard to get," Snotlout said, watching as the boat disappeared in the distance behind them.
"Snotlout, she's with Dagur. She isn't playing hard to get," Hiccup told him.
"Maybe she just doesn't like us. That's why she's not coming back with us," Ruff said. "Yeah, she probably just doesn't like us," Tuff repeated.
"No, I don't think that's it," Hiccup said, slightly unfocused, "I think she just wants to be with Dagur."
"Ugh, who would wanna be with Dagur?" Ruff asked. "Well, Eydis obviously," Tuff said, "You gotta admit though, she's pretty enough that even Dagur would like her. Maybe even prettier than Heather! Hey, maybe we should get Heather to save Eydis. She's good at that kinda thing."
Hiccup looked at Tuff, "Tuff, you're a genius! C'mon! I have an idea!"
"What'd I say?"